Hood hinge nut question

cny first gen 71

The nut that presses into the fender that holds the hood hinge on came out. Anyone know of a way to get that back on? I figured I'd slide it through the hole on an angle and panel bond it in place but it won't go through the hole. I can't get it slide back up in place as my hands don't fit. I really don't want to pull the fender off. Trying to think of a way of fishing it up through with a wire or something but figured I'd ask in case anyone had run into this before.  It's the rear hinge nut pass side. Any help would be appreciated. 

Yea maybe, I did cone up with an idea. I'm going to attach a piece on mechanics wite to it and try and fish it up through and then thread a bolt to it and pull it back into the fender.  We'll see if that will work. I wrapped it around and put some glue (panel bond) on it letting that dry now. We'll see 👀 thanks.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Now you have to secure it so it doesn’t come out again. 

Oh I did it's actually pressed in plus I did use panel bond on it to make sure. It goes in from backside and the hinge tightens up pulling it into the perch so it ain't going anywhere. Now back to work on the hood.

• Like 2