2023 Western Meet Q & A

Canuck

I thought this might be helpful for those of you considering attending the FGMCC Western Meet in June but not sure about how it all works. Don't hesitate to ask me questions either as a reply or send me a private message. I will post some common questions/answers below.

Q: What happens during the meet?

A: We attend an existing event and add our own FGMCC activities to the mix. In 2023 the Western Meet is attending the Cache Valley Cruise-in. This is a 3-day event with a poker run, cruise, car show, vendors, entertainment, car giveaway, etc. We also have our own awards and door prizes for the FGMCC group which will be presented on Sunday morning. In the evenings we all get to know each other well at the hotel hanging out in the parking lot and sometimes stay up way too late.
Here is the photo album and writeup for the last meet: https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/photos/22wmeet/

Q: How far do people travel to these events?

A: In recent meets some members drove their Montes over 1,400 miles and many drive 600 to 1,200 miles also. This year we expect members from Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Idaho, Utah, Alberta and British Columbia.

Q: Can I attend without a Monte Carlo?

A: Yes. Some members attend without their car each year just to participate in the meet activities and meet other 70-72 Monte enthusiasts. A great place to make some connections in the club and learn more about these great cars.

Q: Do people drive or trailer their cars?

A: Both. There are more people who drive than trailer typically. Depends on personal preference. There will be trailer parking available at the hotel. Note that only those who drive their Monte Carlo to the meet are eligible for the FGMCC long distance award.

Q: What kind of awards does the club have at the meet?

A: We usually have roughly 12 FGMCC awards categories voted on by other club members.

Q: My spouse is not a car person and thinks she will be bored. What do the spouses do?

A: People who attend the meets quickly realize it becomes more about the people than the cars. There will be some car talk and such but nobody is left out. It is a friendly group. During one of the first small meets I put together one of the wives was not thrilled to come to a car show for 3 days so she brought a book to read. She did not read any of it all weekend and was surprised she had such a great time.

Q: My Monte Carlo is not a "show car". Can I bring it to the meet?

A: Yes, you can bring your Monte Carlo. The meets are not just about restored show cars. We even have a Best Non-Restored award class.

Q: I can't bring my Monte Carlo but I want to put another car in the show. Will I be able to park with the FGMCC at the show?

A: Yes. We will ensure you have a spot next to the FGMCC group.

Q: What do I need to do if I am attending the FGMCC Western Meet?

A:

1 - Let me know that you are attending. This is important so I know the size of the group for planning purposes.

2 - Book your hotel early as they can sometimes fill up quickly.

3 - Register for the Cache Valley Cruise-In car show.

Q: What is the itinerary for the Western Meet?

A: The itinerary is posted here: 

Q: I don't have enough vacation time to attend the whole meet. Can I just attend only a couple days of the meet?

A: Yes. Many members will arrive Wednesday night and leave Sunday afternoon but some members choose to attend less days if they cannot make the entire meet.

Q: Is there more than just Monte Carlos at this show?

A: Yes, this event has a large park full of cars and a lot of great things to see during the weekend.

Q: Is it mandatory to participate in all activities?

A: You can participate in as much or as little as you want during the meet. Of course a vast majority do all the activities but some choose to skip a cruise or something if they want to simply relax at the hotel.

I will update if any other general questions arise.

I always add a X2 to the comments of attending without your Monte. Ive been to 2 meets without mine and had a great time! Hopefully this year mine will be in tow 🤣

I always enjoy the gathering at nite in the parking lot, and yes if your not careful you may end up way past your bedtime without knowing it 

Its nice to meet the members, and put a face and a car in your head 

• Like 3