LS5 throttle return spring mounting bracket

TheBMan

Hey guys. Does anyone have a photo of the throttle return spring mounting bracket for the 1970 454 LS5 Quadrajet? I need to get one and I'm not sure what I'm looking for exactly. The service manual doesn't help other than an illustration that isn't definitive. A Google image search isn't helpful, either.

If anyone has a bracket they would like to sell, PM me!

Thanks!

I can't find a good picture of my carb, but I thought the return spring runs back to the bracket that holds the throttle cable. Something like in the one in the picture (Not a Monte)

OIP.VlCexxkILcurh7rfMzEVCAHaFj?w=222&h=1

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TheBMan said:

Hey guys. Does anyone have a photo of the throttle return spring mounting bracket for the 1970 454 LS5 Quadrajet? I need to get one and I'm not sure what I'm looking for exactly. The service manual doesn't help other than an illustration that isn't definitive. A Google image search isn't helpful, either.

If anyone has a bracket they would like to sell, PM me!

Thanks!

This is what I have on mine.  Mine is actually one of the Edelbrock quadrajet units (1901 I believe), but the basics are the same.

20220515_102623.jpg

20220515_102619.jpg

20220515_102627.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DragCat said:

I know I'm late to the party on this, been a long day 🤣 This is what I had when I purchased mine. 

Spring1.jpeg

Spring2.jpeg

Spring3.jpeg

@DragCat Thanks Mark, this is very helpful! This confirms the spring type that I thought I need. 

I noticed Michael’s has a spring in front where the throttle cable mounts, but Mark’s does not. Mine has two springs as well, but I have seen others that don’t. Anyone know if GM built them both ways or if they have just been changed over the years?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sbarnette said:

I noticed Michael’s has a spring in front where the throttle cable mounts, but Mark’s does not. Mine has two springs as well, but I have seen others that don’t. Anyone know if GM built them both ways or if they have just been changed over the years?

I'm curious about that, too. I'd like to set mine up however it was when new.

8 minutes ago, willie said:

Bryan on my 72 i have what Mike has minus the front springs! 

So you only have the rear spring? It seems like the double spring (one inside the other) going to the rear bracket is the OE setup.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, willie said:

Yes thtas what i have 2 springs one inside of the other in the back.

Willie is correct. The factory set up is one spring inside the other to the carb and to the bracket that the throttle cable mounts. 

• Like 2