My Original Monte Sales Receipt

Rob Peters

I was up in the attic putting away some of our Christmas decorations and decided to go through my old Air Force footlocker.  In looking through some of my Air Force travel papers I found the original dealer receipt  from Deihl Chevrolet in Jacksonville Florida for my original Monte that I purchased new on September 1, 1970.  

rob

Original Monte Sales sheet.jpg

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, MCfan said:

Great find, Rob! Very cool! Hang on to it at least as long as you own the car.

Dennis, that is from my original Monte.  I sold it back around 1977 or 78.  I would love to see if that car still exists but I doubt.  

People may notice that the name on that sales receipt is F. Richard Peters Jr.  That was my dad.  Since I was just barely 20 and in the military it would have been difficult for me to secure a loan quickly which needed to happen since I was home on leave and had to leave to return to my home base within a few days.  The other advantage to put it in my dads name was because the insurance would be cheaper.

rob

• Like 2

Rob. I did notice the name and figured it was your father.  I purchased my first Monte at Pappas Chevrolet in KC, MO in July of 1970 and sold it in 1974 to get a bigger car for my small but growing family.  I have searched in vain for any original documentation of my first Monte or even a good photo - nothing so far.

I still think "Finding your old car" would make a great TV show!

I was interviewed years ago from a production co. in England (I think) about a possible new show where they would find your old car.

I discussed my wifes 73 Cougar that was stolen. The show never took off. Probably too much work to find a very small percentage of old cars.

Old web site (Not working anymore?) https://the-lost-car-registry.com/

9 hours ago, Canuck said:

Very cool Rob. Did you sell the car because it was built in Flint with no build sheet? 🤣

Nope..... Back in the 70's I didn't know what a build sheet even was.

rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 1