Rearview Day/Night Mirror Adjustment

BobW

When I flip my mirror from day to night, something inside the housing moves and all I can see is the headliner, no 'ghosted headlights' out the back window. I've tried this with the lever on both positions with the same result.

The glass has a molding around it that seems to indicate it can come apart. Is there an adjustment inside the mirror?

• Like 1

Try pointing the mirror down even more, then try it again. You may already be in the 'night' position, or something like that. I may have it backwards, but you get the point. I get it wrong sometimes, then re-aim it & try the lever.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, willie said:

Hey Bob i cant check until tomm. But i have a couple of mirrors that are apart. 

Thanks, let me know what you find when you have a chance. 👍

4 hours ago, jft69z said:

Try pointing the mirror down even more, then try it again. You may already be in the 'night' position, or something like that. I may have it backwards, but you get the point. I get it wrong sometimes, then re-aim it & try the lever.

Tried that, no difference.

That moulding is probably dried out and won't go back together, but it does open. 

Found that out the hard way when I took mine apart to try and fix the light inside. :(

Not sure if you can find a new one, wound up just getting a smaller new one. (with no light.) :(

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Scott S. said:

That moulding is probably dried out and won't go back together, but it does open. 

Found that out the hard way when I took mine apart to try and fix the light inside. :(

Not sure if you can find a new one, wound up just getting a smaller new one. (with no light.) :(

Good point! The car is scheduled to go in for paint in March, I'll wait until then to attempt a fix. If it's a no go, a new one is ~$50.

3 hours ago, Scott S. said:

It'd be nice to find the big mirror with the map light, Not sure if there's any still out there. 

OPGI has the lighted 12" one for $100, the regular 12" one for$50.

I don't need a $50 light!   😉

• Like 2

I replaced mine years ago when the mirror got all spotty. The replacement is a bit smaller.

17 minutes ago, stangeba said:

I replaced mine years ago when the mirror got all spotty. The replacement is a bit smaller.

They have a 10" one for $60, $10 more than the 12"!