'Recent Topics' heading

I tend to use a PC more often than not when viewing the forum. When new posts pop up, it's easy to see what's new in the separate "Recent Topics' box on the upper right side of the page. While using the cell phone though (Android), that list was shown after the complete forum groupings, meaning you have to scroll all the way down to see what's new (though you can see new posts in bold when scrolling).

As a test, I moved the 'Recent' box to be above the regular forum topics, so it shows up on a cell phone right off the bat. There are no easy back end settings available to adjust mobile devices vs. PC only, so this is the only option.

Does this seem better for you cell phone users, not a problem for PC people, or who cares 😁

Let me know, thx!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I was confused at first 🤪 but I just figured it was part of the changes that are coming.  We'll get used to it.

Nah, it's just easier for cell phone viewers to see if there are new posts. I'm just playing around, seeing if it seems easier to use the site.

This is separate from the other stuff. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Canuck said:

I prefer not to have recents at the top. I like it to start with the forum listing. Either way I’ll get used to whatever we do.

32 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Like it the way it was also. 

OK. I'll give it a little more time out of curiosity, but it's easy to revert back.

• Like 1

Like Smurf I was taken back by the new format, but assumed it was to enhance the changes. I like the recents layout , as I usually scroll (MAC) through the page just checking for latest posts it works for me at the top. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DragCat said:

I like the recents layout , as I usually scroll (MAC) through the page just checking for latest posts it works for me at the top. 

So far, it's almost dead even, with 4 whole votes, lol.

Somewhere we have the ability to create a 'Poll' to vote, maybe I'll see if I can find it.

• Like 1

Personally, I like it the old way.  I have several reasons, not necessarily in the order of importance.  They are as follows:

1)  When I come in I am going to scan all of the forums no matter what

2) It is always easy to see the recent comments or new posts in a forum because they are highlighted in a darker (BOLD) typeface.  Also a forum with a new post or comment because that forum heading is in a darker (BOLD) typeface.

3)  To me, the New Members Forum should be the very top forum because it is what new members will see first and it has all of the information they need to become a new forum member and more important it lets hem know how to become a dues paying member of the club.  It also lets dues paying members how to renew their dues.

4)  I also like the General forum up top front and center.

5)  By having the EVENTS Forum up higher it shows board members that we feel our meets and mini-meets are an important function of this club

Just my 2 1/2 cents

rob

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rob Peters said:

Personally, I like it the old way.  I have several reasons, not necessarily in the order of importance.  They are as follows:

2) It is always easy to see the recent comments or new posts in a forum because they are highlighted in a darker (BOLD) typeface.  Also a forum with a new post or comment because that forum heading is in a darker (BOLD) typeface.

3)  To me, the New Members Forum should be the very top forum because it is what new members will see first and it has all of the information they need to become a new forum member and more important it lets hem know how to become a dues paying member of the club.  It also lets dues paying members how to renew their dues.

5)  By having the EVENTS Forum up higher it shows board members that we feel our meets and mini-meets are an important function of this club

Just my 2 1/2 cents

rob

I mainly played around with it because I was using the cell phone today, and it was easier than always scrolling down the entire list to see new posts. There has been some action on the bottom part of the list lately, made it quick to see new stuff.

That, plus I was bored today (obviously) and didn't feel like going out to the shop 😄.

26 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Just my 2 1/2 cents

rob

Rob pretty much stated what I feel also and the reasoning behind it. Thank you Rob. 

• Like 1