Where would you prefer to see the 'Recent Topics' dialog box located?

Where would you prefer to see the 'Recent Topics' dialog box located?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. "Recent Topics' box location

• Old way, on the right side column on PC/After Forum section lists on mobile devices
    • New way, at top of listings/ First section on mobile devices

• jft69z changed the title to Where would you prefer to see the 'Recent Topics' dialog box located?
8 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

I am going to wait to vote after I have seen it on my phone, tablet and laptop.

rob

Sounds good. I sort of like it the new way on the cell phone. Quick & easy to see if there's anything new at a glance vs. scrolling through the entire list of forum sub-sections. On the PC, it doesn't really make much difference because the screen is so much bigger.

Note: Voting is turned off for 'Non-members'. Comments are welcomed though.

• Like 1

I mostly use a desktop PC. I log in and have a preset button I click on:

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/discover/

I don't have a preference and Im sure I can adapt with whatever works for the team.

Thanks for keeping it running well!

• Like 4

Personally, I like it the old way.  I have several reasons, not necessarily in the order of importance.  They are as follows:

1)  When I come in I am going to scan all of the forums no matter what

2) It is always easy to see the recent comments or new posts in a forum because they are highlighted in a darker (BOLD) typeface.  Also a forum with a new post or comment because that forum heading is in a darker (BOLD) typeface.

3)  To me, the New Members Forum should be the very top forum because it is what new members will see first and it has all of the information they need to become a new forum member and more important it lets hem know how to become a dues paying member of the club.  It also lets dues paying members how to renew their dues.

4)  I also like the General forum up top front and center.

5)  By having the EVENTS Forum up higher it shows board members that we feel our meets and mini-meets are an important function of this club

Just my 2 1/2 cents

rob

• Like 3

I got on a few times today, I only use my phone. With it being at the bottom, by the time I got to it I already Read the posts. So I never payed much attention to it. At least now I look at it before scroll down. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Glen said:

You’re messing up my FGMCC site muscle memory.   Thanks for nuthin’.  

"Change is Good"

That's the catch phrase management used to use at the chemical plant (DuPont), usually when they were trying to screw us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Even though the total vote count was low, it looks like the 'Senior' group members prefer the old way, so it is now restored.

PS: I meant 'Senior' as in seniority, not that you're a bunch of old guys 😁.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3