ss registry?

mon-tss

Is there any place that is putting together a list of 70-71 SS monte's?

I have around 60 VIN of cars I have seen on the internet,etc. Some are documented and some are not; only did one I thought probably were.

I noted vin, exterior color, interior color,documents,vinyl top, and bucket seats.

Monte SS List.txt

Great idea!

My good friend bought a 71 SS after he saw my 71 (non-SS) but sadly it was totaled when a dump truck ran a red light and hit him. He wasn't hurt, thank God.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought there might be more interest in this.

Got one reply. Seen 26 downloads but no one wants to add anything .

Of the 5000 plus cars built I would think 3000 are probably still around.

I have about 70 on the list. Are the other sites where there are people who own these cars?

I was i member here  years ago; seemed to be more going on then.

If there is no interest I will  quit wasting my time on it.

Lyle,

I don't think it isn't that people are not interested, sometimes these things take time.  I would think it would be mostly people with true SS454's may find it interesting.  We float around a little over 400 dues paying members here and out of those, from what I can tell, 37 of those have 454's.   I can't say that all 37 of those 454's are true SS's.

Since we have more people on the boards, like you, that are NOT dues paying members of the club than we have members that are registered dues paying members.  There is no way to know how many of those Non-Dues-Paying members have true SS454's

I can tell you that at our Eastern Meets we sometimes will have as many as 10 or more possible SS454's.  

Don't get discouraged in your search for data.  In my opinion, thinking 3/5's of the SS454's produced would still be around would be an exaggeration.  That would be like thinking more than half of all First Gen Monte's ever produced would still be out there and I just don't think that would be possible.

You say you were a member here years ago but I have checked the file I have of past members and while we have had a dues paying member with the last name of Groves, their first name was not Lyle and they did not live in Missouri.

rob

• Like 4

Just a note, I had not commented on this when I first saw it because I was looking on it and opened the file while on my phone.  I can tell you, to try to look at that file on a phone is impossible.  Tonight was the first time I was able to look at the file on my laptop.  While it is more readable on my laptop it is not ideal.  Would you happen to have excel on your computer.  If yes, excel may be a much better way to develop a data file for researching something.  Excel allows you to manipulate the data and search it in different ways by using filters.  

Also, a couple of them have a double ** but the file does not indicate what these indicate. 

Again, the fact you did not get many replies may be mostly because only 37 of our dues paying members indicate they have n SS454.  You may have noticed another post in this forum regarding the tracking of documented 72 Custom's.  Doug is doing this tracking using a searchable database.  Lyle, please keep in mind that is has taken a number of years collecting and editing this information so like I said before, you may need to just be patient.

rob

• Like 4

Lyle, have you given any thought to becoming a Dues paying member of the club.  I am sure over time we could help you get your SS documentation database more manageable.

rob

• Like 3

11 hours ago, mon-tss said:

I thought there might be more interest in this.

Got one reply. Seen 26 downloads but no one wants to add anything .

Of the 5000 plus cars built I would think 3000 are probably still around.

I have about 70 on the list. Are the other sites where there are people who own these cars?

I was i member here  years ago; seemed to be more going on then.

If there is no interest I will  quit wasting my time on it.

I think its of good value, so much dis-information out there especially without build sheets. Appreciate your time and effort 

• Like 1

Well Thanks guys for the responses. Yeah I don't really have anything on my computer to do this with. That's why i was hoping someone else was and I could pass along the info. 3000 is probably high but I feel the ratio of SS cars built to still around is probably much higher than non-SS Montes. As you all know they make great parts cars for chevelles guys. Seen and parted many montes in salvage yards never seen a SS in one tho. The ** I have removed but they are cars I owned.  I thought I was a paying member I had a decal on my Silver SS; Would have been about 14 years ago. I was able to buy that car back after not having it for around 15 years because of this site. Old timers may remember that it was in St Louis @ gateway They were talking about on here and I was able to buy it back.  Then Life got in the way again and sold it . But gonna do another one this winter.

If anyone wants to add to the list Please send me info. Most of what I have are from internet sales over the years. E-Bay, Barrett-Jackson, Mecum

Thanks; Lyle

9 hours ago, mon-tss said:

I thought I was a paying member I had a decal on my Silver SS; Would have been about 14 years ago. I was able to buy that car back after not having it for around 15 years because of this site. 

Thanks; Lyle

Lyle, it is possible you were a dues paying member if you had a club logo window sticker.  Somehow your information may have fallen off the database.  We will welcome you back as a dues paying member.  Let me know what information you need to rejoin.

rob 

• Like 2

I don't see a NMCOA sticker, only see our FGMCC window sticker on that car.  You are right,  the NMCOA window sticker was blue and white and it was rectangular where ours is round.  

rob

So, here's something I came up with real quick to put Lyle's sheet into an Excel format. Before I go too far, is it something anyone wants, additions, corrections, etc.? Also, if you want to continue with this sheet/format Lyle, that's great. If not, I can cross over the info as time permits. I'm certainly not trying to take this away from you, that's for sure! 🙂.

The far right column makes note that it's from the original .txt file. 

Also... Thank You Lyle for becoming a Dues- Paying member! We really appreciate your support!

SS454 Registry.xlsx

• Like 3

I am fine with this if you want to continue. Like adding the site info in it.

Says my subscription has expired so would have to subscribe if I were to add to it. For my own use probably keep with want I have

Way I was doing it was without buildsheet it needed either matching numbers motor, protecto-plate, or all big block extras intact and Load lever system and hockey sticks (on 71) in place.

All cars listed did that. Whatever help you need LMK

11 minutes ago, mon-tss said:

Says my subscription has expired so would have to subscribe if I were to add to it. For my own use probably keep with want I have

Way I was doing it was without buildsheet it needed either matching numbers motor, protecto-plate, or all big block extras intact and Load lever system and hockey sticks (on 71) in place.

All cars listed did that. Whatever help you need LMK

What subscription, Office Online or something like that? I think the free Google docs (Sheets, in this case)stuff works with the excel format, so no subscription needed.

Personally, I have no stake in the game as far as researching SS validity, etc as you have done. A few people simply mentioned it was hard to read in the old 'Notepad' format and I put this together real quick. 

32 minutes ago, mon-tss said:

Clicked on enable editing and a can highlight a box but not add anything to it. or spend $69.00

Do you have a free hotmail or Outlook mail account? Usually, that'll give you a free version of Office, though with somewhat limited features.

If you have a free Gmail account, their Office type stuff will work too. I imported the MS sheet into my gmail acct earlier as a test, and it seemed to work.

We're heading out to dinner in a bit, If you want, I'll PM you my phone number and we can figure it out. It shouldn't be too hard.