ss registry?

mon-tss

Does anyone have a list for the build sheet numbered boxes? Trying to reproduce a copy of my build sheet (thanks again Dennis), found the rpo list but can't find info on the boxes. Checking build sheets from other ss's show different codes like box 11, mine is XS-21 , another sheet had onlyXS.

Thanks 

So do the boxes vary by Plant? By vendor? You would think all SS's would have the same shocks? But not so?

• Like 1

I have the build sheet for a 70 SS454 that was a couple cars ahead of my 402 4 speed car on the assembly line. The VIN is 138570L159386. Buckets, vinyl top, A/C, 2:56 rear, posi, Auto Lvl Ctrl, Power Disc Brakes, 454, TH-400, P/S, G70-15 White stripe tires, HD Battery, IP Gauges, AM radio and Rallye Wheels. #48 Forrest Green, Black Vinyl Top and Black Vinyl Buckets. Built 12/16/69 16th car of the day Van Nuys Plant.

I also have the build sheet for my first Monte, a 1971 SS454 built in Baltimore. VIN 138571B122071. Deluxe Belts, Tint glass all, Floor Mats, Door Edge Guards, Ext Orn SS454, Ext Orn Upper (upper rear chrome trim on tail panel), Vinyl Top, Recess W/S/W, Air Cond, Visor Mirror, 3:31 rear Axle, Posi, Ft Pwr Disc Brakes, 454, TH-400, Sports Steering Wheel, Dual Exhaust, Tilt Steering Wheel, P/S, G70-15 White Stripe Tires, HD Battery, Radio AM/Tape, IP Gauges, Trunk Lite, Ft Bumper Guards, Rallye Wheels, Aux Light Group,ZK1 Insulation Package, ZP5 Appearance Group (rear bumper pad, SS emblem on tail panel, Semi Gloss Black trim for tail panel) Z20 Monte Carlo SS. #78 Rosewood Metallic, Black Vinyl Top, Black cloth Bench seat. Built 12/17/70 33rd car of the day Baltimore Plant. Sold new in Marrietta, Ohio I bought it in 1976 in Berwyn, Pa. I sold it in Puyallup, Washington in July 1982. I saw it once in about 1984? in Tacoma Washington. Anybody seen it since?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello….new here…I’m looking at a 70 ss454 Car in the next couple of days so I would love to see whatever registry anyone has (not sure how to access).  I would also like to become a paying member.  

Thanks

Gary

Michigan 

• Like 2

Gary, when you go look at it take plenty of pictures and post them. We all will do our best to help you make an informed decision. Also take at look at the SS information section really well. There’s a ton of information on how to determine authenticity. And always ask questions we will do our best to help. I’m sure someone will reach out to you and explain the process of membership. I hope your possible purchase goes well. Keep us in the loop. 
Dennis. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joslk1 said:

Hello….new here…I’m looking at a 70 ss454 Car in the next couple of days so I would love to see whatever registry anyone has (not sure how to access).  I would also like to become a paying member.  

Hey Gary,

Welcome & Good luck with the search!

This link below will detail what needs to be done to become a full member. Basically it comes down to how you want to pay, either PayPal or personal check. The club currently does not have anything in place to process credit cards.

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/membership/joinpage/

- If paypal, just send the $25 funds to:  firstgenmonte@outlook.com  as the Paypal recipient for the funds you are sending thru them.

After that, Rob, the club president will process it and make you a full member, with full access to the site as well.

- If personal check, send the $25 check to the address listed: 

FGMCC
PO BOX 8032
PITTSBURGH, PA  15216

It will take a little longer to get full access obviously, until the check clears, etc but it's no big deal. 

If there are any questions or issues, let us know and we can walk you right thru the process.

Thanks for becoming a full member, it helps keep this place going!

Joe T

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joslk1 said:

Thanks

Gary

Michigan 

Welcome hope your sale goes well like Dennis said take lots of pictures.  Lots of great help and information here. When you get the car stop in to new members section and introduce yourself to us all. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Joslk1 said:

Some pictures….hard to tell what first digit is on build date….owner says he thinks it 11a. With an engine build date of 1025 that seems reasonable.  

D071B77E-7DFC-4C2A-BC52-C0FABCACE501.jpeg

CFC6A600-EAED-441D-A5B5-4B08AB05080A.jpeg

I agree. That’s a first week of November build with a 25 Oct dated motor.

Does she still wear her Forest Green paint and have Dark Green vinyl buckets per the trim tag?

Also, she was Van Nuys built, so see if the seller has a Build Sheet to corroborate everything.  And like Dennis said, take as many pictures as you can and we’ll do what we can to dissect what’s presented versus what the seller might be saying.  

That “CRN” is correct for a ‘70 SS 454/360. If you can get under the car, see if the partial VIN is stamped on the pad near the oil filter and if so, if it matches the VIN plate. Check for the trans tag and date stamp on the differential, also. 

And DEFINITELY check out the “How to tell if it’s an SS” section here within.  It’s a treasure trove of facts which will help you authenticate the car. 

Good luck and keep us posted!

• Like 2

Some pictures….hard to tell what first digit is on build date….owner says he thinks it 11a. With an engine build date of 1025 that seems reasonable.  

9 hours ago, Glen said:

I agree. That’s a first week of November build with a 25 Oct dated motor.

Does she still wear her Forest Green paint and have Dark Green vinyl buckets per the trim tag?

Also, she was Van Nuys built, so see if the seller has a Build Sheet to corroborate everything.  And like Dennis said, take as many pictures as you can and we’ll do what we can to dissect what’s presented versus what the seller might be saying.  

That “CRN” is correct for a ‘70 SS 454/360. If you can get under the car, see if the partial VIN is stamped on the pad near the oil filter and if so, if it matches the VIN plate. Check for the trans tag and date stamp on the differential, also. 

And DEFINITELY check out the “How to tell if it’s an SS” section here within.  It’s a treasure trove of facts which will help you authenticate the car. 

Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks guys….

Picture of VIN at oil filter location is hard to see but can see the last 4…7060

Car is Forest Green with green bucket interior. Green v/top

AB7380D2-0E69-47D6-AD88-A12CDC1C7BF1.jpeg

800759C6-9597-4CC3-8AB0-D00AC95FC1E6.jpeg

75087EB7-C57C-4BB9-AF0D-45ECAE142E81.jpeg

B18D0262-0248-4593-9261-6C7589FA298E.jpeg

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Joslk1 said:

Thanks guys….

Picture of VIN at oil filter location is hard to see but can see the last 4…7060

Car is Forest Green with green bucket interior. Green v/top

AB7380D2-0E69-47D6-AD88-A12CDC1C7BF1.jpeg

800759C6-9597-4CC3-8AB0-D00AC95FC1E6.jpeg

75087EB7-C57C-4BB9-AF0D-45ECAE142E81.jpeg

B18D0262-0248-4593-9261-6C7589FA298E.jpeg

A couple things:

1 - does the VIN end in 7060?

2 - any update on the existence of a Build Sheet?

3 - it’s an early build Van Nuys car as evidenced by the halo vinyl top.  Does she have the chrome moldings under the headlight bezels?

4 - if you wind up buying her, the first thing you need to do is drive to a gas station. Not to fill the tank, but to buy a PINE air freshener… it’ll match the interior - hell, it’ll match the entire car - perfectly as opposed to that blue one currently oozing smell good all over the cabin 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Also… am I seeing things?  Is that a ‘71 hood ornament?  Or is it just pixelation?  Not a deal breaker if everything else checks out. But like Dennis mentioned… no air ride tank present nor indication of it being mounted on drivers side inner wheel well (could have been replaced).  Does she have the boxed control arms?  Shock protector plates?  Yes… lots more pix are necessary. 

• Like 2

Yes VIN ends in 7060. Boxed control arms are present.  Yes it has 71 hood sphere. Owner didn’t look for build sheet.  Chrome molding under headlights I think I see in picture.  

yes to air freshener 😂😂

C89BA0ED-C4EF-48AE-8D5C-42047CCEB7E9.jpeg

4C2AF4C5-9E0D-4C07-898F-63E5359B04F1.jpeg

ACDB5763-FADF-4DF0-A84B-3A6E6B5C92F5.jpeg

Edited by Joslk1
Removed engine picture
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Joslk1 said:

Yes VIN ends in 7060. Boxed control arms are present.  Yes it has 71 hood sphere. Owner didn’t look for build sheet.  Chrome molding under headlights I think I see in picture.  

yes to air freshener 😂😂

C89BA0ED-C4EF-48AE-8D5C-42047CCEB7E9.jpeg

ACDB5763-FADF-4DF0-A84B-3A6E6B5C92F5.jpeg

4C2AF4C5-9E0D-4C07-898F-63E5359B04F1.jpeg

Woulda loved to see that hood open with the engine purring in that video.  Is the seller including those aftermarket wheels and tires?  Always good to have a spare set. And why did he change out the air cleaner? Kinda weird.  Was also nice of him to locate and install the air tank for you. Very cool that he’s including the windshield fluid monitor in the sale!  Glad he removed the caution sticker from the fan shroud - very unsightly IMHO. Paint looks to be a different shade of green… must be the angle/sun/time of day 😉

10 hours ago, Joslk1 said:

The engine picture doesn’t belong here….it’s a different car…. I was looking at the difference in the AC compressor brackets.  

Obviously I was being sarcastic regarding the extra engine pic. Looks like you're about to score a very nice car. Good luck with the sale negotiations and keep us posted when it’s a done deal (and more pix!).