ss registry?

mon-tss

3 hours ago, jft69z said:

So, here's something I came up with real quick to put Lyle's sheet into an Excel format. Before I go too far, is it something anyone wants, additions, corrections, etc.? Also, if you want to continue with this sheet/format Lyle, that's great. If not, I can cross over the info as time permits. I'm certainly not trying to take this away from you, that's for sure! 🙂.

The far right column makes note that it's from the original .txt file. 

Also... Thank You Lyle for becoming a Dues- Paying member! We really appreciate your support!

SS454 Registry.xlsx 12.89 kB · 5 downloads

The original one that Joe manipulated downloaded as a txt file, the latest was an xls format. Even tho I'm on a Mac I also have office so either worked for me. 

As for comments, as Ive said I think it can be useful information. I would suggest making it a "locked" document if posted on the site so not just anybody can modify it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stangeba said:

Like this?

I have mine in a drawer also, I try to limit decals on the Monte to just race car numbers 🤣I did get one of the "large" club decals from Rob for my toolbox, havent put it on yet 🙃

So I have 80 + on the list. If anyone has checked the list and seen there vin and need to note any additions (color change etc)

PLMK. Also if you have one and it isn't on this list and you want it added PLMK.

I'd like to try to get at least 100 listed.

Rethinking number left out there; could be in the hundreds instead of thousands. 

Thanks; Lyle

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mon-tss said:

So I have 80 + on the list. If anyone has checked the list and seen there vin and need to note any additions (color change etc)

PLMK. Also if you have one and it isn't on this list and you want it added PLMK.

I'd like to try to get at least 100 listed.

Rethinking number left out there; could be in the hundreds instead of thousands. 

Thanks; Lyle

Hey Lyle,

I have a couple of VINs on cars that are longer in existence. Would you be interested in adding those or are you only wanting existing vehicles?

Thanks,

Sammy

• Like 1

Hi Lyle. It's good to see you're back. I remember you from when you were here years ago. I'm from Hannibal, MO, and you showed me your silver SS454 on a rainy day, probably about 13 or 14 years ago. You sold it the second time, not too long after that. 

Butch told me a Monte guy from Eldon was going to restore his car, and I knew it had to be you. 

You already have my '70 SS454 on your list. I've changed the colors from champagne gold and gold top to cranberry red with a black top. There's a build thread for it in this SS454 forum. 

I bought a triple black '70 SS454 builder about 2 years ago, but I sold it to a man in California. I'll see if I can find the VIN pic. 

Dan Janes

• Like 1

Hey Dan; Yeah I remember you. Was hoping you'd chime in .

I thought you had changed colors on yours. I will update that.

You know Butch too? small world..

When I get these cars done we should get together.

Take Care;

Lyle

The man that Butch got his two SS454s from allowed me to post them in an ad here. Butch contacted me for his number. He bought the gold one, then went back and bought the green one a week later. We've communicated a number of times, since then. He came here once to pick up some parts I made for him. 

I'll be at the Magic Dragon Car Show on Saturday, May 6th. It would be good to see you there. 

Dan

So on the list currently I have 53 70's and 36 71's

I removed the ones without complete VIN's as they may be duplicates.

I had 4 of the canada vins but can't find them

Again anyone who wants to add their info please send it.

I am not including any personal info (addresses, garage codes, etc)

In my 66 years I have only seen a handful of these and always get people asking about them as they never knew they made them.

THANKS;

Lyle

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Grumpy said:

I was a member years ago. I have a 70 SS with build sheet. Owned since 1976. Put me on the list. 

Gonna need more info

You still have the build sheet?

Good Deal.

Thanks:  It amazes me how many cars actually have build sheets in them when they aren't even supposed to be left in the cars.

But really the only way to truly doc a chevrolet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mon-tss said:

Good Deal.

Thanks:  It amazes me how many cars actually have build sheets in them when they aren't even supposed to be left in the cars.

But really the only way to truly doc a chevrolet.

At most plants the assembly line workers found it easier to leave it in the car than throwing it in the garbage. At the Flint plant however they had strict rules about not leaving them in the car.

The protectoplate is also fantastic documentation but not as common for it to be kept with the car.

3 hours ago, Canuck said:

At most plants the assembly line workers found it easier to leave it in the car than throwing it in the garbage. At the Flint plant however they had strict rules about not leaving them in the car.

The protectoplate is also fantastic documentation but not as common for it to be kept with the car.

I, for one, salute the lazy and unmotivated assemblymen who chose to secrete Build Sheet time capsules rather than walk miles to the nearest garbage can to dispose of same. Because of their unwillingness to follow simple directions, my cars are fully documented.  File this under “The Law of Unintended Consequences”.

I propose a toast to all those Build Sheet burying buffoons!! 🥃

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Time to bring this back to the top. I am at 58 1970 SS Monte's and 38 1971 Monte SS's. on the list.

No canada cars on the list .  So if you want to have your car included please send my info and copy of buildsheet if you have and want.

thanks to all;

Lyle

• Like 1

Does anyone have a list for the build sheet numbered boxes? Trying to reproduce a copy of my build sheet (thanks again Dennis), found the rpo list but can't find info on the boxes. Checking build sheets from other ss's show different codes like box 11, mine is XS-21 , another sheet had onlyXS.

Thanks 

20 minutes ago, Grant MacPherson said:

Does anyone have a list for the build sheet numbered boxes? Trying to reproduce a copy of my build sheet (thanks again Dennis), found the rpo list but can't find info on the boxes. Checking build sheets from other ss's show different codes like box 11, mine is XS-21 , another sheet had onlyXS.

Thanks 

That’s why I asked for sheets. They are all different in some way shape or form. My 70 has a ton of options but no proper way to record them.