'non-dues paying' member group

Finished moving people into the 'Non-dues Paying' member group yesterday.

If you feel like you've been put there by mistake, let Rob or myself know & we'll see if it was an error. Any other issues, questions, or concerns can be addressed here as well.

• Like 1

• jft69z pinned this topic

Understood. But..... How about a tutorial on what the colors of the names indicate? I see a few new colors added. 

Thank you for the work that you have done and continue to do. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Understood. But..... How about a tutorial on what the colors of the names indicate? I see a few new colors added. 

Red - Administrators

Green - Moderators

Blue - Dues Paying Members (includes 5, 10, 15, 20 year members)

Brown - Non-Dues paying members

Pink - New Member    -  This is a trial group right now, that will give new members a set period of time, with broader limits. We stress liking lots of pictures, but if we start them in the non-member group, that would be counter productive. If they choose to not see the value of what is offered here in a reasonable time frame  (yet to be determined) and help support & keep the site running, they'll automatically transition to the non-member group. We're testing it now to see if it actually works as intended.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Thank you for the break down of the colors. 

You're welcome! It was a very good question.

5 minutes ago, willie said:

Nice Job Joe!!!! 

Thanks Willie!

On a side note, was up 'til 0445 this morning, testing the 'New Member' group functionality. It appears that it does work as intended, so it will go into effect today. The time frame was decided at 30 days, as Rob has seen a lot of people start up as supporting members fairly quick.

So, to re-cap:

- People that first sign up to the club will initially be put in the 'New Member' group. This group will have wider limits as far as posting, pictures, messaging, etc. 

- If they chose to become supporting members, to help the club, they'll be put in the "Members" group with full privileges, upon payment of the small $25 yearly cost.

- If they chose to do nothing, they will automatically transition to the 'Non-dues Paying' group in 30 days, with reduced privileges and functionality of the site.

• Like 11
  • Thank You! 1

57 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Will the site let the new members know that they are on a 30 day trial basis?

Not automatically. We can modify some of the 'registration' info pages to mention it. It's on the list of things to do. Rob also does a good job of welcoming new members & I'm guessing he has a general  'cut/paste' phrase he uses. Maybe that can be added to his message, or I can do it real easy when someone new joins.

We could always re-name it ' New Member - 30 day trial'. That would be easy.

I'll research the possibility of maybe an email too.

19 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Is there a listing of the different badges

Not available to the general public. Let me go into the program and come up with some type of screen shot of what's in the background.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Is there a listing of the different badges

Here is what I got. There are a couple of different icons that appear, based on a points system. They're labeled "RANKS" & "BADGE' They look at all sorts of things, number of posts, reactions given, reactions received, etc.

The below pics show what they are & the order that they're awarded.

Profile-1.jpg

Ranks.JPG

Badge icons.JPG

• Like 1

3 random musings, in no particular order:

• I find the choice of color for “New Member” emasculating

• Would you consider a countdown clock (a la a ‘Doomsday Clock’) for the Non-dues Paying”. That’d be both motivational and cool

• Do you accept third party, post-dated, out of state checks for dues payment?

That’s all I have for now. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, jft69z said:

Here is what I got. There are a couple of different icons that appear, based on a points system. They're labeled "RANKS" & "BADGE' They look at all sorts of things, number of posts, reactions given, reactions received, etc.

The below pics show what they are & the order that they're awarded.

Badges ? We don't need no stinking badges ! 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

• 9 months later...
On 1/27/2023 at 8:09 PM, jft69z said:

Red - Administrators

Green - Moderators

Blue - Dues Paying Members (includes 5, 10, 15, 20 year members)

Brown - Non-Dues paying members

Pink - New Member    -  This is a trial group right now, that will give new members a set period of time, with broader limits. We stress liking lots of pictures, but if we start them in the non-member group, that would be counter productive. If they choose to not see the value of what is offered here in a reasonable time frame  (yet to be determined) and help support & keep the site running, they'll automatically transition to the non-member group. We're testing it now to see if it actually works as intended.

What color is a 2,3 and 4th year member?

2 minutes ago, Paul D Valle said:

What color is a 2,3 and 4th year member?

Still 'Blue' if you're a full member, and a 5/10/15 etc.  year badge below your name as you earn them.

2 minutes ago, Paul D Valle said:

Are there a lot of women in the club?

Just wondering why pink.

Thanks

Pink is for 'New-Member'. It was the only color that showed up with well enough contrast so it wouldn't be confused with the other colors in use. It will automatically revert to 'Brown, Non-Member' status after 30 days, unless you become a full member.

There are a handful of women members, enough so that we have language filters in place to 'censor' offensive words. Some people constantly try to push those limits though...😁.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Pink is just another color! I was at the Syracuse nationals one year and bought a pink t-shirt from the Baldwin foundation for breast cancer,  while walking around with my pink bag they gave me I stopped at another booth and bought something else the guy said do you want to put your pink bag in this one so no one sees it I said no, I don't have a problem carrying it around. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

Pink is for 'New-Member'. It was the only color that showed up with well enough contrast so it wouldn't be confused with the other colors in use. It will automatically revert to 'Brown, Non-Member' status after 30 days, unless you become a full member.

There are a handful of women members, enough so that we have language filters in place to 'censor' offensive words. Some people constantly try to push those limits though...😁.

That's great. I was afraid I would be pink for 5 years😀

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Paul D Valle said:

That's great. I was afraid I would be pink for 5 years😀

Subliminally, it's a motivator to become a dues paying member ASAP. Pink or brown, those are your choices otherwise.... :k ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Subliminally, it's a motivator to become a dues paying member ASAP. Pink or brown, those are your choices otherwise.... :k ...

If it was pink and lavender, new prospects would want to be members asap.😂