Front shocks , do I need a different size,length ?

I am going from a coil over shock in the front end , back to coil spring  and shock in front.I have the SPC Lower control arms . I measured from the lower control arm mount point to the top of coil pocket where the shock shaft will go through top to mount above. It is 13 inches on driver side with tires and weight on the car. When the car is jacked up no load and hanging the same spot is 13 7/8.   I ordered the Bilstein 24-009492 shocks and the shock is  13 3/8 mount to mount. There will be the the rubber bushing and the metal washer so that will make up for it. Am I just splitting hairs.There is a , Bilstein 24-131506 but it is the same length.

The 24-009492 is showing that it's for 73+ Monte Carlos on Summit Racing, with the 24-131506 showing as the right shock for a 70-72. The 24-131506 shows as the correct shock on the Bilstein site as well (they don't have anything Monte Carlo on their site but it comes up for Chevelle).

You were right about the part numbers. I saw the part numbers on another post and they had it backwards. The seem the same except for the bottom mount to the lower control arm. Of course I do not know if the valving is different.  I got the correct ones "24-131506". I was splitting hairs because they fit fine. I was overthinking and thought they would bottom out. Not so.  I did have to grind the Lower Mounts to fit in the spacers on the SPC control arms. But all is good. There mounted.  

Thanks guys 

after grinding.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

shock diffrence .jpg

• Like 3