Newest member of the RazzNdazz fleet

15 hours ago, Montemedic said:

Congratulations on your new addition. What is your vision for this Monte ?

Well, its already a frankenstein car, 402 out of a 69 pickup, rebuilt and souped up. the front bench is long gone.  The guy was converting over to bucket seats and console. the column shifter is still in it though.  I think I'm gonna keep on making it a hot Rod, but im going to put a bench back in it and just go with all black interior. eventually will do body work and probably a matte black pain job or something like that.  Found out last night after servicing the engine, and adjusting the valves that it has a flat cam.  #4 exhaust wont lift so it's backfiring through the carb, so I will start with a new cam and lifters and just see where it takes me.

• Like 5

Well I did find a guy not too far away from me that has a bench seat frame, an original dash pad, some other odds and ends, and he’s gonna dig through his stash of axles to see if he’s got a 12-bolt. Gonna meet up at his shop in a couple weeks and make a deal. It’s a start. 

• Like 7

Not a lot of big work done on the 71 tonight, but I did get the battery cable ends cleaned up, reconditioned, new ground wire, and serviced the rear diff. She’s camped out in the shop with her green cousin for the night. 653A9BDF-539B-432F-AD1A-04B5694E7913.thumb.jpeg.397fbb40c2ff0ea8e58a26f07d843e39.jpeg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, RazzNdazz said:

Not a lot of big work done on the 71 tonight, but I did get the battery cable ends cleaned up, reconditioned, new ground wire, and serviced the rear diff. She’s camped out in the shop with her green cousin for the night. 653A9BDF-539B-432F-AD1A-04B5694E7913.thumb.jpeg.397fbb40c2ff0ea8e58a26f07d843e39.jpeg

Coors Light - 👍🏼

Jagermeister - 👍🏼

Bud Light - 🤢🤮

2 outta 3 ain’t bad. 

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2023 at 9:56 AM, SSpev said:

thats a good project!  it got a grand prix air cleaner too.

Yeah, the guy I bought it from kept that. I don't have an air cleaner for it currently.  I need to get a spacer and a drop pan for it, then a cover. 

1 hour ago, RazzNdazz said:

Yeah, the guy I bought it from kept that. I don't have an air cleaner for it currently.  I need to get a spacer and a drop pan for it, then a cover. 

I have the old air cleaner that I took off my car. It's a 14inch round with chrome top 3 inch tall air filter and has a 1 inch drop base. I can get pictures if interested. 

On 2/25/2023 at 5:14 AM, cny first gen 71 said:

I have the old air cleaner that I took off my car. It's a 14inch round with chrome top 3 inch tall air filter and has a 1 inch drop base. I can get pictures if interested. 

Yeah, I'd be interested in taking a look if you don't mind! That would be greatly appreciated.