FGMCC Web Site Evolution

Here's a few screenshots of our web site over the past 23 years.

Our first site created by club founder Kevin Wiles from 2001. This is the site that started it all. Mainly intended to be an information site initially but there was interest in others to get together for meets and people wanted to support the costs of the site which resulted in the formation of the club.

303325377_FGMCC-2001screenshot.thumb.png.5d38bf5aca572ad8bcad606df39c36fe.png

Ryan Bahr did a complete update on the look of the site in 2002 adding some great features. Many of these features continued on the next site layout for many years.

1117356004_FGMCC-2002screenshot.thumb.png.675dcc4e3c3d74af55ecbdfcf0123422.png

I updated the web site in 2004 with a similar content layout but a different look. The site stayed relatively the same with only subtle changes for over 15 years.

785530835_FGMCC-2005screenshot.thumb.png.5c47b275d6090fe18ec06a66f28d7903.png

We updated the site once again in 2020 to the current site which became more integrated with the Message Forum software.

2087535960_FGMCC-2023screenshot.thumb.png.84e4e133b5c5d70c6f3e0a015c6d50da.png

• Like 9

Not to hihack this post but to add to the evolution of the club web site here is some of the club and website evolution. 

Thanks, Thanks Thanks....

There are many people who have continued to keep this club running smoothly.  An amazing thing it that by the end of the second year we were at or above 100 members and out of that first 100 members almost 1/4 of them are still active almost 23 years later.  

Thanks to Kevin for starting this club and running it for several years.   Kevin started the club and was the club president for several years.  During that time we did have a vice president and secretary but mostly Kevin handled everything.  Back then, handling everything was a little easier.  Kevin was in his early 20', working and got married and started a family and things got to hectic to continue to run the club, that plus the membership had started to grow and managing everything became more difficult.

When Kevin stepped down he appointed Pete McLearen as the new President and Andreas Kwetkus as the Vice President.  Back then we did not hold club elections.  Pete only held the President position for a short time and due to family demands he stepped down and Andreas became the club President. 

Thanks to Dave Mau.  Many don't know Dave and may have never heard his name.  In the beginning the club logo was very simple and available on club T-Shirts.  It was decided that a new club logo would be developed.  Dave Mau is an artist and a very good one.  Dave agreed to develop our new logo but asked what people wanted to see in a logo and from those suggestions Dave developed this new, and now our current logo.  Dave Mau also has, from our early years, developed all of the graphics for all of our club award plaques at our Eastern and Western Meets and the graphics each year for our East and West Meet logo's.  Dave Mau first joined the club in February of 2001.

Thanks to Andreas Kwetkus then became our Club President.  Andreas' member number is #2 and joined the club in February 2000.  We still had no club elections and Andreas appointed Rob Peters as Vice President, Mike Hermann as treasurer and later Capri Blasco became our club sunshine lady and then club secretary.  This group under the direction of Andreas developed a new set of by-laws which set terms of officer terms and determined that club elections would be held every 5 years.  (Due to the size of the club now, the bylaws have been changed to elections being every 3 years.  Under these officers it was decided the club would need insurance to protect our members during club activities, milestone anniversary awards and  many other things

Thanks to Ian Novinger who joined the club in November of 2001 become Member #92. Ian is our club website administrator.  While Ian has more recently sold his 71 Classic Copper Monte he wants to continue on as our main website administrator.  We have a number of club website Admin's but they are more on the front end, visible edits and maintenance of what we see but Ian is who we call on if there are issues with the club website.  Many may remember recently we had issues with the site being slow and messages popping up.  I tried working on the phone with our website host company and they told me we needed to expand our coverage at a higher price tag.  Ian stepped in and corrected things on the back side of the site and corrected the site issues without additional costs to the club

Thanks to Aaron Dodsworth........In September of 2002 Aaron became Member # 129.  Aaron soon started hosting our Western Meets and has continued to do so every year except Covid years,  Aaron has been a huge asset to the club.  Not only has Aaron single handed (pun not intended) handled the Western Meets, he is the designer of our past club websites since he changed it from Kevin's original design.  Aaron owns his original 70  Monte and a beautiful classic copper 71 SS454 and at one time owned a 70, 71 and 72 at the same time.  All of this while working a demanding job and he and April raising a family.

I could go on and on with people who have had an impact on this club but this post would be too long. 

More recently thanks to Joe Tedesco.  Joe joined the club in February of 2019.  Joe has been assisting me, and the club, with many hours making changes to the site which does and will benefit our members.  Thank You Joe!!

rob

• Like 7

While most of us members just use the site for what it is and not really thinking about how it got to where it is. There are a lot of behind the scenes activities going on that we don’t realize. The evolution is awesome and it’s still happening, it has to. You guys all do great things to build the club. A thankless endeavor, possibly. But most of the members that realize what’s going on will undoubtedly thank everyone that makes this happen. I for one thank all for making this club what it is. 

• Like 8

Thanks to all those that do all this hard work...and seeing how they do it on their own time and are not compensated makes it even more impressive.

I am glad to be part of this club, been so long I don't even remember what year I joined. 

The people here are so friendly, we can go an entire year without talking but when we do it was like it was yesterday.

• Like 6

I have been a member for just over a year. Met Aaron at the Western Meet 2022 in Oregon. he and I have become pals, and I've seen some of the efforts and a small bit of the "behind the scenes" work he does!  Thank you Aaron, and Thank You all for such a great community of friends and knowledge!  The FGMCC club is so much fun to be a part of. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Glen said:

I particularly like that it gives old curmudgeons like Joe T. something to do. 

All kidding aside, a tip of the old chapeau to all of you who make this thing go. 

Keeping track of you is nearly a full time job....

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I particularly like that it gives old curmudgeons like Joe T. something to do. 

Hey Joe, what name is Glen going to use for us older Gents?

Or Glen do you want to throw us all in there?   LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, willie said:

Hey Joe, what name is Glen going to use for us older Gents?

Or Glen do you want to throw us all in there?   LOL

Just consider the source Willie, and disregard it altogether. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He’s not wrong, old man. 

Are you kidding me, I went to Friday's the other day and the bartender (who i know personally) was calling me Grandpa!! 

I wasnt feeling old until now. Maybe i should go lay down for alittle.   LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, willie said:

He’s not wrong, old man. 

Are you kidding me, I went to Friday's the other day and the bartender (who i know personally) was calling me Grandpa!! 

Willie,

If it makes you feel any better, this June in Carlisle we can go someplace and you can sit next to me and it will make you feel younger and nobody will call you grandpa.  I won't tell them that you're my dad.

rob

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, willie said:

He’s not wrong, old man. 

I stopped in at a Golden Coral last year and the greeter said oh we have a senior discount....I started to get upset till I remembered the word "discount" 🤣 The usual I get is "the 80's called and they want their hairstyle back" At least some of us older gang are still out there doing it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2