Who Here Owns The Earliest and Latest Monte of Each Year and Each Plant

Rob Peters

I think it would be interesting to see who her owns the earliest and latest Monte made each of the three years at each plant.  Even if you don't know the exact production date we can try to figure it out by the VIN.  I am not asking anyone to post their whole VIN.  I may have one of the latest Monte here out of the Baltimore plant for the 1970 Year. If I am not mistaken, they stopped production at or near the end of June to set the assembly lines for the next years production, starting in July.  

According to my body tag my Monte was made in the last week in June 1970.  My blue door decal also shows my car was built in June of 70.

We will also be able to determine the plant by the VIN.   What I am suggesting what you do, without giving your whole VIN is post it like the following.  138570B205XX43  With the XX being two of the numbers I am not providing.  So I feel my Monte may be one of the last Monte's built in the Baltimore Plant and maybe the last one built that is owned by one of our members.  

So let's see who feels they have the earliest Monte and latest Monte built in each plant and each year.  Let's also include our Canadian built Monte's.  Please make your post short and simple

rob

• Rob Peters changed the title to Who Here Owns The Earliest and Latest Monte of Each Year and Each Plant

I will do more details research on our stable.lol  Kevin remembers this aspect better. Lolol.

I do know Big Red was built Sept 69 in Flint and Barn Find  in Sept 70 in Baltimore. Don't remember when the 71 402 4 speed, Kevin's 71 SS and the 71 COVID Monte were built. Hopefully will chime in and fill in the blanks. Lol

• Like 1

My 71 was September 18, 1970 according to the build sheet. California 

My 70 was April of 70 second week. Flint.  
So I’m out. 
You don’t need vins to do this. All the info is on the cowl tag. 
My crashed body is July, 71 second week. Hmmm. Kansas 

24 minutes ago, Dtret said:

My 71 was September 18, 1970 according to the build sheet  

My 70 was April of 70 second week. 
So I’m out. 
You don’t need vins to do this. All the info is on the cowl tag. 
My crashed body is July, 71 second week. Hmmm. 

Dennis, when it gets down to the nitty-gritty we may need to bin to fully determine the earliest and latest from each assembly plant

rob

Was it 5 min already.....     Not in order just the way i have them listed

72   Balt   1H57W2B63XX00

72             1H57H2152XX19            What is different about this car????????

72   Balt    1H57J2B68XX39

71    KC     138571K16XX03              This car was sold 2 years ago.

71    KC     138571K13XX39

71    KC      138571K12XX66

72              1H57H2L53XX16

72   Balt     1H57H2B56XX05

71               138571151XX83           (Might have to recheck this one)

71   KC       138571K18XX04

sorry took so long i cant type very fast

6 minutes ago, willie said:

I have to add that "L" car is a Cali car

The other 2 are "1" cars. I knew i had one but didn't realize i have 2 different cars???????

All that work for almost nothing. He wants dates. Turn your hearing aid up, old man. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My 72 Custom has a 01-72 date on the blue ID door tag. Built at the Van Nuys, CA plant. 1H57U2L54XX06

My old 72 Custom was built at the Arlington plant and was 1H57H2R58XX86

My 71 Monte Carlo was built at Oshawa, On. Canada, 27 Apr 1971.

It arrived at Bill Fox Chevrolet, in Rochester, Michigan, 12 May,1971.

I drove it home 14 May, 1971.

I ordered my new 70 on September 20th, 1969. The Flint plant went on Strike shortly there after so It ended up taking 10 weeks for it to arrive in Indiana after being built in Van Nuys  I do not know how long it took to transport across country but I am guessing about 2 weeks. That puts my build date around The middle of November 1969. I did not know about build sheets and could not get the window sticker off in one piece and boy did I try to do that but a total failure

Dennis, when it gets down to the nitty-gritty we may need to bin to fully determine the earliest and latest from each assembly plant

Dennis, i dont wear hearing aids but i knew this was coming!     

Older Yes but us elders have to keep our eyes on you yungins because you shoot yourself in the foot all the time!!!   LOL

• Like 1

00     4/72      door

19      11/71     door

39      06/B      trim tag

03       n/a

39      1/71       door

66      12/70     door

16       12/A      trim tag

05       12/71    door

83      1/B        trim tag

04      4/71      door

Sorry you guys have to bounce back and forth!

6 hours ago, willie said:

Dennis, i dont wear hearing aids but i knew this was coming!     

Older Yes but us elders have to keep our eyes on you yungins because you shoot yourself in the foot all the time!!!   LOL

Willie, In Dennis's case there was no gun involved to shoot and it was not a foot...It was a 2X4 and face

rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I no longer have it but the 1970 I had was built Aug 26, 1969. I still have a photo copy of the build sheet.

I also have a copy of build sheet I found under the back seat on the Monte I sold. It was also built on Aug 26, 1969.