Food for thought (sad version)

I work in a steel mill that recycles scrap iron (not a smelter that uses ore to make new iron) and I wonder how many cool old cars (how many 1st Gen MC’s) I’ve turned into rebar, angle iron, and channel iron over the last 20 years without even knowing!

I would not lose any sleep over that Ryan... Think of it not rebar or angle iron.... I would prefer to imagine some of it as some of that old Monte Metal is going to making new fenders, hoods, floor boards, trunk pans and other replacement panels for our Monte's.  Just my 2 cents.

rob

• Like 4

Well I like the positive angle you guys put on it!! I hadn’t thought of it that way. Been watching a lot of junkyard videos on YouTube. And I know a tremendous amount of my company’s scrap comes from crushed cars. Just had me thinking sad thoughts lol. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dtret said:

I really didn’t think my post was all that positive. Lol 😂 

Sure it was.

It positively reminded me that our SS’s are that much more rare thanks to heathens like Ryan 😄

• Haha 2

On 2/6/2023 at 2:36 AM, Glen said:

PS - maybe change your screen name to “Rush2Crush” or “FindNGrind”, Ryan…

Just kidding!!!

Lol, I don’t choose the scrap we use, I don’t even see the steel until is already molten. That’s why I say “without knowing.”   But seriously though, I’ve been to every wrecking yard in northern Utah and southern Idaho and there’s not one 1st Gen MC carcass anywhere!