Original Spare tire and wheel for a ‘70

This is probably a long shot … but you never know. 

I am ready to get rid of the original spare tire and wheel that came with my ’70 402 4-speed car.   On the Build Sheet it was RPO PU8 G78x15 Dual Stripe White Wall on a 15x6 black steel wheel.  It was definitely used at one time.  Tread wear is even and remaining tread depth is .20”. It has retained air pressure after all these years and the wheel is in good shape, also, but I’m sure it has little to no functional use as the rubber is far too old to trust on the road. 

Before I throw it out, I was wondering if anyone had any interest in it for display or other sentimental purpose?  Or maybe someone might want it for the original 15x6 steel wheel?  I would be happy to gift it to any FGMCC dues-paying member that wants to pick it up in SW FL or pay shipping.  The combo weighs 47.5 pounds.

I have more detailed photos if needed.  Shoot me a PM if you are interested or have questions.  Thanks.

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

• Like 3

Kevin our founder was just asking about OE 6 inch steel wheels send him a pm

49 minutes ago, MCfan said:

This is probably a long shot … but you never know. 

I am ready to get rid of the original spare tire and wheel that came with my ’70 402 4-speed car.   On the Build Sheet it was RPO PU8 G78x15 Dual Stripe White Wall on a 15x6 black steel wheel.  It was definitely used at one time.  Tread wear is even and remaining tread depth is .20”. It has retained air pressure after all these years and the wheel is in good shape, also, but I’m sure it has little to no functional use as the rubber is far too old to trust on the road. 

Before I throw it out, I was wondering if anyone had any interest in it for display or other sentimental purpose?  Or maybe someone might want it for the original 15x6 steel wheel?  I would be happy to gift it to any FGMCC dues-paying member that wants to pick it up in SW FL or pay shipping.  The combo weighs 47.5 pounds.

I have more detailed photos if needed.  Shoot me a PM if you are interested or have questions.  Thanks.

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

Cool! I also still have my original spare tire and wheel.

It's only 52 years old, what could possibly go wrong with it? 🤣

IMG_0511.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, rsorg said:

hi, just replaced my montgomery wards spare that was about 30 years old, now new bf goodrich ta 

Wow Montgomery wards that's a blast from the past. They had a store in albany ny when I was a kid where you order from catalog and pick up right there on a loading dock we used to go there a lot.

21 hours ago, Kevin Wiles said:

Are you going to the fgmcc eastern meet? I am interested

No, Kevin, I'll be at my summer home in MN by then but if anyone is going from SW FL, I might be able to get it to them if they have room to bring it to you.  If not, I could check into shipping options.