Posi swap

Tmac

33 minutes ago, Grant MacPherson said:

Went from the original  2.56 open to same Yukon 3.42 you are putting in, like a different car, love it. Just have to add a few bucks to the tire and fuel budget!  

An overdrive transmission will help with the fuel bills. ;)

First off, Welcome to the Club!  Hat's  off to all the Engineers in the Fleet of Trains throughout the Nation! I'm doing a "clone" Custom of my '72 . Just got all of the stuff to fill my 12 Bolt, ( Thank you Steve).  BBC 427 / Turbo 400 ( low 1st gear), 3:73 posi-traction (Yukon), Excel Gears, Moser Street Axles. Adding Rear Disc Brakes. 28" Nitto Drag Radials for now. Should be right around 2,500 rpm's at 65 mph. Motor has been balanced, should run just fine. Like to hear what you're combo is. Before the latest upgrade,355cu.inch,420 HP, 2004R ,3:42  10 Bolt posi-traction, with same tires. It was fun, but I always wanted  a 427 in it !gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

in it ! 

Edited by 420ponies
Spellcheck
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 420ponies said:

First off, Welcome to the Club!  Hat's  off to all the Engineers in the Fleet of Trains throughout the Nation! I'm doing a "clone" Custom of my '72 . Just got all of the stuff to fill my 12 Bolt, ( Thank you Steve).  BBC 427 / Turbo 400 ( low 1st gear), 3:73 posi-traction (Yukon), Excel Gears, Moser Street Axles. Adding Rear Disc Brakes. 28" Nitto Drag Radials for now. Should be right around 2,500 rpm's at 65 mph. Motor has been balanced, should run just fine. Like to hear what you're combo is. Before the latest upgrade,355cu.inch,420 HP, 2004R ,3:42  10 Bolt posi-traction, with same tires. It was fun, but I always wanted  a 427 in it !gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

in it ! 

I've got a stock 350 with a TH350. 12 bolt with 3.42 excel gears, yukon posi unit. Still want a cam and intake upgrade this year but really struggle with all the numbers! LOL to much info out there.

6 hours ago, Grant MacPherson said:

Went from the original  2.56 open to same Yukon 3.42 you are putting in, like a different car, love it. Just have to add a few bucks to the tire and fuel budget!  

What are you running for eng/trans setup? I wont mind the increased budget as long as the smiles go up as well!  And Thank you for the Hats Off!