Lowering the rear end

Anybody have experience lowering the rear end? Yeah I know raising the rear end is cool these days but I just don't like that look, don't like the look even a little bit. To each his own and no slam intended to those who have their cars raised in the back and who like it that way. To each his own.

I want to drop the rear between an inch to 1.5 inches, maybe 2 inches. I have no idea what springs are in the rear and to make matters more complicated I just installed a 9 inch Ford rear that appears to have raised the rear a bit. I used the same springs and the same  Bilstein gas shocks shocks before and after the rear swap but the car sits higher than it did with the stock GM rear. I think that the 9 inch Ford spring pads on the fabricated housing may be a bit too high on the axle tube. All that detail about the pads aside: I am very happy with the rear (it is from a respected supplier of 9 inch rears for A-Body cars) and the springs are easy to change but not expensive.

Anybody had experience with coils that A: Place the rear at stock height OR  B: Lower the car NOT MORE THAN 2 inches? I am really in the air about how to go about this because I am not starting at a stock height and the lowering numbers I am after are relative to the "jacked up" height I am seeing and not liking. Brand name and part number would be very helpful.

Thx

LS65Speed

I have a set of BMR 2" lowering springs that were in my Custom when I got it. I took some measurements before & after I put factory springs back in it, close to 1 3/4" drop from what I remember .

Part number SP015RB, for sale fairly cheap if you're interested. 

20220612_115314.jpg

20220612_115319.jpg

• Like 2