Rear lower control arm bushing orientation

I am boxing my rear lower control arms and removed the old bushings but didn’t take a pic. What orientation do the rubber bushings go back in. I seem to recall reading that the bushings on both arms face the drivers side. Meaning the bushing is installed so that they are pressed in towards the drivers side. Bushing flange sits on the passenger side. Can anyone confirm if I am correct?

thank you

2 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

The bushings will only fit one way. The side with the collar/ shoulder is a little bigger than the side without. 

I think he may be asking if the lip goes from inside out or out side in on each control arm. As I remember I think it's from outside to the inside but I may be wrong. 

The bushings will still only go in one way. Here are a couple of pics from the web. Like Tom said, one side of the bushing has a shoulder, the control arm will have a corresponding larger hole to fit that shoulder. It's basically a square peg/round hole situation. 

71+5zxfa80L._AC_SX679_.jpg

s-l500.jpg

SUS-4126-2T.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I think he may be asking if the lip goes from inside out or out side in on each control arm. As I remember I think it's from outside to the inside but I may be wrong. 

It doesn't matter, they still will only go in one way. 

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

The bushings will still only go in one way. Here are a couple of pics from the web. Like Tom said, one side of the bushing has a shoulder, the control arm will have a corresponding larger hole to fit that shoulder. It's basically a square peg/round hole situation. 

71+5zxfa80L._AC_SX679_.jpg

s-l500.jpg

SUS-4126-2T.jpg

Thank you for posting pics. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Thank you for posting pics. 

I was too lazy to go out in the shop to crawl under the car, lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thanks everyone for your responses.  I totally spaces on one hole being bigger than the other resulting in it only being able to go in one way.  And, before I even saw your responses, I noticed marks left on my arms from the old bushings that showed which side they went in from.

Thanks again. 

You may want to put some type of spacer in that opening when you install the bushings, so you don't squeeze the arm together. I use a piece of aluminum angle , cut to the proper width, slip it in the opening and then install the bushing.

• Like 1