Build sheet "sched no date" info

TheBMan

I'm really working you guys this past week! So here's my question. In the absence of a body/trim tag, how do we determine the build date from the build sheet? Our own documentation here on firstgenmc.com doesn't go into it and what I've found online is unclear and a bit confusing. I know from the VIN that the car was built in Baltimore ("B") and I have a partial build sheet with the "sched no date" in box #10. That number is "02 06-24".

There is information here that says the numbers vary in meaning depending on the plant. "Atlanta and Baltimore runs from 01...99 then starts over..."

Much of what I'm reading says the first number, 02, is the first day of production but it doesn't say if that means week or month or something else. Looking at a 1970 calendar, the first work day of the month of June appears to be Monday. I would assume that the 06-24 would mean June 24th but I can't find anything to make those numbers mesh.

Anyone know for sure what "02 06-24" means for a 1970 Monte Carlo built at the Baltimore plant?

By the way... I did buy a car! I'll reveal soon! Much thanks to all of you for the helpful info during my search!

image.png

• Like 3

It was the scheduled second car started to be built on 6-24. Not necessarily the final build date.  My 71 Cali car was 12  09-12. Vin 110678. So it was the 10678 car built for the 71 model year. Hope this helps. 

• Like 4
  • Thank You! 1

20 minutes ago, Dtret said:

It was the scheduled second car started to be built on 6-24. Not necessarily the final build date.  My 71 Cali car was 12  09-12. Vin 110678. So it was the 10678 car built for the 71 model year. Hope this helps. 

Thanks Dennis! Assuming 1-2 days was normal assembly time back in the day, there is a moderately good chance that this car was finished on my birthday in 1970. It must be fate. 👌

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Dennis here's mine same last 3 digits 

20230225_180718.jpg

20230225_180723.jpg

• Like 1