1972 monte for sale in florida

Based upon what I am seeing in the pictures I think that is a bit too much money.  BUT, that's just my opinion.

rob

24 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Did I see a crack in the frame ? pic 117 . 

Mark, I looked at that but was not sure if it was a crack.

1 hour ago, tire size said:

for example?

Bruce, the car is listed at almost $37K which is up there for what looks like an unrestored Monte.  Most of what I am seeing would be easily corrected by the seller to make the car a bit more attractive.  Here are some of the things I saw:  The rear 72 trim looks like there are some scratches and dents.   The rocker panel trim on both sides look to be attached with screws rather than hidden clips.  Trunk key emblem is faded and pitted. Chrome around around the right front turn signal looks pitted.  Passenger front fender extension paint chipped upper corner near hood.  Grill Emblem badly faded.  The grill needs to be detailed by painting the inside of the boxed areas.  Hood Emblem looks faded and maybe some pitting.  Both door panels are screwed on at the bottom (this would not be so noticeable if if they were spaced the same distance on both the passenger and driver side  and the same number of screws used.)  Two of the window crank knobs have turned brown.  The silvering around all of the dash gauges look to be scratched and worn away.  Driver seat back pivot arm cover is missing.  Passenger seat back pivot cover is missing.  Aftermarket radio is ok but not if the dash has been cut to install.  Scratches in the plastic under the center air conditioning vents.  Ash tray looks to be scratched or paint chipped off.  Peeling paint in engine compartment on the frame.  To me the engine compartment looks very cluttered with too much aftermarket add-on's which takes away from how it could look.  

Bruce, you asked for examples.  Not to pick the car apart too much but if you were thinking about buying it and that is why you asked "for example" I wanted to share why I felt it was priced way too high.

rob

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tire size said:

for example?

Before I answer that, for my clarification only. Is it listed on that site as a survivor or is it just listed as a very nice Monte for sale and it just happens to be on that site. To me, and my opinion only, a survivor is an original car that passed the test of time and still remains original. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Before I answer that, for my clarification only. Is it listed on that site as a survivor or is it just listed as a very nice Monte for sale and it just happens to be on that site. To me, and my opinion only, a survivor is an original car that passed the test of time and still remains original. 

Dennis, you are exactly right.  A survivor car is an all original car, including paint with no alterations.  I didn't see that car listed as a survivor (not saying it was not advertised as that, just saying I didn't notice it.  A survivor would also have the original motor and the VIN decodes as a 350 2 barrel and this one is for sure not a 350 2 barrel.

rob

• Like 3

The biggest hit against the car for me? The VIN has it born with a 350 2 bbl, but has a 454.

Not a deal breaker by any means, but something to consider at that price point. Not to mention it's a pretty basic optioned car. Basic....

(Rob got to the VIN issue as I was typing, lol). Rob also pointed out enough stuff that for that price, no way. That car will be for sale a long time, I think.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jft69z said:

The biggest hit against the car for me? The VIN has it born with a 350 2 bbl, but has a 454.

Not a deal breaker by any means, but something to consider at that price point. Not to mention it's a pretty basic optioned car. Basic....

I agree. It has some very nice mods 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tire size said:

survivor-cars.com

Bruce, is this your car?

NOTE: I've temporarily opened up the daily posting limit for 'non-members' to keep this discussion in motion, without any delays.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I agree. A survivor, to me is like "Barn Find" for an example. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

Bruce, is this your car?

NOTE: I've temporarily opened up the daily posting limit for 'non-members' to keep this discussion in motion, without any delays.

yes

2 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Mark, I looked at that but was not sure if it was a crack.

Bruce, the car is listed at almost $37K which is up there for what looks like an unrestored Monte.  Most of what I am seeing would be easily corrected by the seller to make the car a bit more attractive.  Here are some of the things I saw:  The rear 72 trim looks like there are some scratches and dents.   The rocker panel trim on both sides look to be attached with screws rather than hidden clips.  Trunk key emblem is faded and pitted. Chrome around around the right front turn signal looks pitted.  Passenger front fender extension paint chipped upper corner near hood.  Grill Emblem badly faded.  The grill needs to be detailed by painting the inside of the boxed areas.  Hood Emblem looks faded and maybe some pitting.  Both door panels are screwed on at the bottom (this would not be so noticeable if if they were spaced the same distance on both the passenger and driver side  and the same number of screws used.)  Two of the window crank knobs have turned brown.  The silvering around all of the dash gauges look to be scratched and worn away.  Driver seat back pivot arm cover is missing.  Passenger seat back pivot cover is missing.  Aftermarket radio is ok but not if the dash has been cut to install.  Scratches in the plastic under the center air conditioning vents.  Ash tray looks to be scratched or paint chipped off.  Peeling paint in engine compartment on the frame.  To me the engine compartment looks very cluttered with too much aftermarket add-on's which takes away from how it could look.  

Bruce, you asked for examples.  Not to pick the car apart too much but if you were thinking about buying it and that is why you asked "for example" I wanted to share why I felt it was priced way too high.

rob

it is my car and perfect she is not, 37 is just a starting ask to keep tire kickers away. and yes i did ask!

30 minutes ago, Michael Boyte said:

Well, It doesn't hurt to dream !!

Who knows, sometimes dreams do come true !

I wanted to be an astronaut...that never happened 😄.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Most of us figured that it was your car. 

Actually, I didn't have a clue what was going on initially. A simple one word post, not even a link to an actual website or description of what is going on. Early on, he did shoot me a PM simply saying he couldn't post the link here, after I posted what I thought may be the vehicle. Plus it was posted in the wrong forum, this is the Cars/Parts for sale Leads section. Designed for stuff you found elsewhere, such as auctions, craiglist, etc. that you want to share with the group. 

Not very forthcoming with information until asked point blank if it was his car either.

• Like 2