Wanted - 70 monte fender - NOS

• jft69z changed the title to Wanted - 70 monte fender - NOS

Michael is right.  Most people know how hard they are to find as NOS and if they have one they usually try to hang on to them.  They are being produced in aftermarket but I don't know of anyone who has purchased one and installed them so we don't know how well they fit.

I searched for a number of years before I found a pair.  I wanted a pair to have on hand in case, God forbid, something happened and my car was damaged.  The 70 fenders are a bit harder to find than the 71/72 fenders but the 71/72 aren't easy to find in NOS either.

rob

• Like 2

On 3/14/2023 at 9:05 PM, EVC said:

I think I saw them at "The Parts Place" a couple of days ago … 

When I saw this reply I went to The Parts Place online site and yes, it looks like they have both passenger and driver side NOS fenders for not only 70 but 71/72 Monte's but you have to contact them to get a price.

rob 

26 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

When I saw this reply I went to The Parts Place online site and yes, it looks like they have both passenger and driver side NOS fenders for not only 70 but 71/72 Monte's but you have to contact them to get a price.

rob 

Usually when it says that at the Parts Place, it means they do not have any on hand. At least that's what the salesmen have told me in the past.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jft69z said:

Usually when it says that at the Parts Place, it means they do not have any on hand. At least that's what the salesmen have told me in the past.

I though it meant the price is so high they are embarrassed to post it.  It could mean, if you have them in your personal stock and want to sell them contact us.

rob

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

I though it meant the prucenis so high they are embarrassed to post.  It could mean, if you have them in your personal stock and want to sell them contact us.

rob

I had hopes that was the case when I was looking for NOS parts and saw that listed. Turns out as I had said, none available. 

Still worth a phone call though, can't hurt.

Opg had a factory gm part number fuel sending unit when I was looking for one so I called they said they were all out but had factory duplicate so I got that. Seems like pretty good quality but it does have to come back out to bend rod down because it's not accurate.  But definitely worth a phone call to see.

On 3/14/2023 at 4:42 PM, Denny said:

Iam looking for a 1970 nos pass. fender. thanks

Just ordered a pair of lower carpets for my Door panels.. While there I asked Van at " The Parts place " ,,, The have two sets of fenders for your Monte.. Not NOS,  but he stated they were really pleased  with the Quality and the price is $790 each… No inventory on the 71/72 fenders 

Hope this helps. 

Ed 

24 minutes ago, EVC said:

Just ordered a pair of lower carpets for my Door panels.. While there I asked Van at " The Parts place " ,,, The have two sets of fenders for your Monte.. Not NOS,  but he stated they were really pleased  with the Quality and the price is $790 each… No inventory on the 71/72 fenders 

Hope this helps. 

Ed 

Hey Ed let me know how them carpets work I didn't know they made them, mine are getting a little raggity. 

thanks got a ways to go on my project going to hold out for a nos to magicly surface .I also need new carpets will be intrested how they workout for you  good luck.

On 3/16/2023 at 10:58 AM, EVC said:

Hope this helps. 

Ed 

I read in another forum here that they had them a few years back , They currently have them in black and had to order my dark green.. Van said the quality was excellent and he thought I'd be happy with them… One thing is certain, they will be better than what I currently have on the drivers door.

They come as a pair for $59…   Way cheaper than the local upholstery shop….. Should be here in a week or so …  I'll let everyone know when they arrive. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...