Front recoil seat belts, which side?

Cooltech

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

I don’t recall seeing a green vs red seat belt coil. Could you post a photo of what you are looking at?

I was wondering the same thing Aaron.  What I am thinking is they were color coded by side but we don't see it because of the plastic cover.  I wish my car was here at the house because I would look at the stitching on the belt because you may be able to tell from looking at the stitching on the portion of the retractable belt that the part that goes into the buckle attaches to the belt.

rob 

I think the plastic housing has a 'left' or 'right' molded in it too. May be just the letter, it's been a couple years since I had mine apart.

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

I think the plastic housing has a 'left' or 'right' molded in it too. May be just the letter, it's been a couple years since I had mine apart.

Joe, I agree regarding the plastic housing.  I think Scott is referring to the retractor itself.  I am thinking there is a color code on the spring loaded retractor to identify which is which.  It would make sense they would do something like that or maybe even mark them with a L or an R

rob

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cooltech said:

Sorry guys! Yes the recoil part. I put the red on the right side ,kinda like a boat, with the red light return saying.

Here is a pic of the green one.

Look inside that plastic shroud, see if it has a left or right designation molded inside of it.

This is mine, I had to look inside of the shroud at the time, because I forgot how they went too, when I had the car all apart. There were no other distinguishing marks on the retractor itself, at least on mine. That being said, yours may be wrong based on your picture. The latch feeds off the roll, closest to the seat bottom.

20230320_120514.jpg

• Like 1

Yes you guys are right, as per the seat belt guy in Carlisle who told me mine were backwards. They are the opposite of Joe T's. Mine have the belt further away from the seat, and that is wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 1

46 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Unless the covers were taken off and mixed up. 

Square peg, round hole. I think they'll only fit on one retractor each.