700r4 transmission

Whons

Still up in the air about trying a different torque converter.   From my cam specs. I have been told by Jegs that I should have a 2200 to 2600 rpm stall converter. I have no idea what is in there now because the Lemmon Squad lied on the report about road testing the car. So I'm not on good terms with the seller. I had a different shift kit put in it last spring and had springs and weights in the valve body by a good transmission mechanic.

According to the number on the transmission it is a 1982 ,the first year they were made and has the 27 input spline. I've put 1000 miles on it and really don't like the way it idles. It runs and shifts fine. Not knowing what stall is in there now my mechanic says going to a different torque converter could make it better or worse.

I know how to take it out, but the  TV cable is all adjusted properly and where it goes into the transmission held on with the 10 mm bolt I'm worried about taking it out and loosing the link that the TV cable is connected to. Any advice about that would be appreciated. First tho I have to get my ac working properly. 

Thanks, Wayne