Soon…

7 hours ago, colonel said:

Was this a local car?

Can't be too many originals left out there but you found one.

It was originally from Manitoba but then sold to a guy in BC 5 years ago.

11 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

If I am not mistaken this is the second time you have had the tri-fecta.

rob

That is correct

Looks pretty good Aaron, although it does appear to be missing the lighter😉😒🙄.  Package tray looks really good.  No waters stains from what I can see.  No undercoat it appears but who needs that if you only drive it 200 miles a year right?   Quite the find sir!

Curious what the blue wire from the battery to the Relay on the firewall is about?

Do 72's have round dome lights??

What shape are the original tires in? Tread seems good but I would expect the sidewalls to have cracks.  Definitely a good idea to change them up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colonel said:

Looks pretty good Aaron, although it does appear to be missing the lighter😉😒🙄.  Package tray looks really good.  No waters stains from what I can see.  No undercoat it appears but who needs that if you only drive it 200 miles a year right?   Quite the find sir!

Curious what the blue wire from the battery to the Relay on the firewall is about?

Do 72's have round dome lights??

What shape are the original tires in? Tread seems good but I would expect the sidewalls to have cracks.  Definitely a good idea to change them up. 

Apparently when the car was being shipped to BC it would not start. that blue wire was a bypass to make it start. I will definitely be addressing that.

Yes, 71 and 72 have round dome lights.

I drove a short distance with three of the original tires and they held up over bumps, etc but I didn't go above 40 mph. No cracks. One original tire was damaged by being parked halfway on a 2x4 cracking the sidewall from sitting that way for so long. The seller replaced it with another tire he had so I could at least test drive it.

Very nice Aaron, enjoy it!! 

We had to run a bypass wire just like that on Roy's Monte heading to one of the meets. I will have to think hard about what caused the issue and let you know.

• Like 1

The clock works!!! I know most of you can appreciate that as they rarely work after 50 years. Heck the clock in my 70 didn't work in 1996 with 47,000 miles.

• Like 2

I do not plan to keep this car. The seller needed it gone quickly. I told him I can buy it but will clean it up and resell for a profit and he’s good with that. He actually wants first crack at buying it back after I clean it up. I’ll spend the summer cleaning, detailing and doing maintenance to get it drivable on a regular basis and looking its best.

• Like 2

Definately a keeper.  Good work with the video too.  Steady hand and framed well.

Why make the car go away if you would like the option of buying it back at a higher price??

Oh well.  In the hands of a person that will do a good job of cleaning it up, sorting out problems and getting it to the next worthy owner.

14 minutes ago, colonel said:

Why make the car go away if you would like the option of buying it back at a higher price??

He doesn’t have the space, time or know-how to fix the car up. He didn’t want it to simply sit any longer.

• Like 4

I can attest to this car's originality! I bought this car in 2014 from family member of lady who passed after having it in her garage 34 yrs. Her husband passed away in 1980 and she never drove it. It was like owning a brand new Monte! I actually drove it on the original tires and took a little getting used to, lol.

This car's a time capsule and still had the Frost shield on the passenger window! Interestingly enough my dad was the Temro rep for the city and I wonder if he actually sold them that? Will never know but it's interesting to think of.

The car had just over 8,600 Miles when I bought it. I drove it to just over 11,000 miles (as seen in pic) when I sold it in 2018 and it went to BC. Here are some pictures documenting the odometer (rolling over to that dreaded 10,000!) This happened right in front of the Dairy Queen on cruise night one Sunday!

No buildsheet under seat? Will be interesting to see if when you find it. Perhaps between gas tank? 

Kudos, Aaron! it's so great to see your  complete lineup of First Generation Montes! 70, 71 & 72! They look great together!

Jeff 70 SS

Screenshot_20230403-002027_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230403-001455_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230403-001521_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230403-001352_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230403-001408_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230403-000715_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230403-001236_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230403-001327_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230403-001623_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230403-001741_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230403-001725_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230403-000450_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230403-000702_Gallery.jpg

• Like 10

Dennis i agree, the pics with the three of them are beautiful!!!   Love them and the pics!!! Aaron Great Job!!!   Jeff your pics are also great!!! Although they are missing a third color!!  And now she is solo again!!!   Time to get something else Jeff!!!   You dont want her mad at you!!!    Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1