Looking for a 1970 Green Steering Wheel and Shroud

Anyone have a original Green steering wheel, shroud and button. I'm thinking about going back to a stock wheel if I can find one. I have the wheel but it's cracked. The shroud is gone. Let me know if anyone has one. 

Just now, Dtret said:

I do. Let me get home later and check it out. I’ll keep you posted 

I laughed last night when I first saw the request, thinking 'I bet Dennis has one'.... hoarder.

• Haha 2

Just now, jft69z said:

I laughed last night when I first saw the request, thinking 'I bet Dennis has one'.... hoarder.

I deleted it because I misread. I have the horn center but not the wheel. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I’m not really a hoarder if I’m getting rid of stuff too. Lol. I’ll check on the wheel. I think I have saddle, red, black and blue. Non are very nice. I seen a green one for sale somewhere but I passed on it. See, I don’t get everything I see. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Dtret said:

See, I don’t get everything I see. 

Only because there is at least one bigger hoarder than you.

rob

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dtret said:

See, I don’t get everything I see. 

So maybe not a full blown hoarder....just a hoar....😝

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I saw a nos green green horn shroud on ebay but he's asking 499.00 plus shipping . A little more than I want to spend. I may try to repair and repaint the wheel. I did change the column to black, did they then put a black wheel on the car with a black column??

1 hour ago, 1970mcss said:

I saw a nos green green horn shroud on ebay but he's asking 499.00 plus shipping . A little more than I want to spend. I may try to repair and repaint the wheel. I did change the column to black, did they then put a black wheel on the car with a black column??

Yes.

4 hours ago, 1970mcss said:

He’s stupid, 499 bucks. The emblems are the only reason I have them because they are hard to find. Let me look at my black ones and see if they are any good. You can get black in repop. Horn button too. No Monte emblem though. 

57 minutes ago, 1970mcss said:

I have the emblem but I don't think the repops don't have the good burlwood. Let me know, I have a 3 spoke wheel on the car but would like to have an extra.

My black wheels are junk. My green horn button and a repop wheel. 

38348E56-96E1-4BFE-9BA4-B4EEC6BD4288.png

5EB27E9D-EBCE-413E-8A0F-A1CD5550102D.jpeg

I have one that's in pretty good shape.  Just a coupla small cracks.  I changed my whole interior to black, so I won't need it other than for some garage art.  How about $75. plus shipping?

Edited by jft69z
removed bad photo links

I probably go with black because i put a tilt wheel in it. But if I find a nice green horn I would possibly paint the column. Dennis the woodgrain for the Camaro and full size was cherrywood not Burlwood. Dennis, I wonder if that Burlwood can be found and replaced. Resto Parts has one but it doesn't match the rest of the car.

1 hour ago, Stamminator said:

I have one that's in pretty good shape.  Just a coupla small cracks.  I changed my whole interior to black, so I won't need it other than for some garage art.  How about $75. plus shipping?

75 for what?  

Thanks for looking Willie. Jeff is going to send me his and I'm going to try to rebuild it. My wheel might be a bit better but the shroud is gone. Jeff, thanks for the offer. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2023 at 7:07 PM, 1970mcss said:

Anyone have a original Green steering wheel, shroud and button. I'm thinking about going back to a stock wheel if I can find one. I have the wheel but it's cracked. The shroud is gone. Let me know if anyone has one. 

If you are still looking, I have one. The cracks that I point out are surface only, this is quite rigid. I was going to have it covered with leather but went a different route. I am in Washington State. You pay for shipping and it is yours.

IMG_3247.thumb.jpeg.638d2c6cfe35c2e98a97a469db16e2b5.jpegIMG_3248.thumb.jpeg.546e839492769743010ffd2afb6b0982.jpegIMG_3249.thumb.jpeg.5f7a8455689214f34b900541ac046f3a.jpegIMG_3250.thumb.jpeg.5fb3b0b2dde6a65ec748e06f00d01693.jpegIMG_3251.thumb.jpeg.2d09a26a28388030ddf63c53f6604c7d.jpeg