71 on Ebay

Looks nicely done and clean. A non a/c wouldn't be a deal breaker for me but.........with all the performance upgrades (assuming they're for go and not just for show) why wouldn't you have a oil pressure / temp gauge added? I'm also not a fan of the tach down by the console. Oh well just saw this and posted it up. There is also a 70 for sale on the sellers website but I think its been posted/discussed before here. I saw it on Ebay but linked the sellers website. 

https://www.admcars.com/1971-chevrolet-monte-carlo-540-650hp-12-bolt-ps-pb-c-1399.htm?sold=Available&

• Like 2

Nice looking car. Looks like they have a Red 1970 available as you said, and a 'New Listing' for a black 72, 'call for details (no pictures yet).

Seems like they have a nice collection of cars for sale there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

Nice looking car. Looks like they have a Red 1970 available as you said, and a 'New Listing' for a black 72, 'call for details (no pictures yet).

Seems like they have a nice collection of cars for sale there.

Yea, they do have some nice looking rides there 

• Like 1

I just called them about the '72 listed, pictures and details may be online tomorrow.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FrankOC said:

Also indicates an award at 2022 in Carlisle

That's for the red 1970 you're talking about, I think?

The one I called about, is the 1972, black one that had no pics or details yet. It's a 'New Listing'. Sounded like a nice car, but I'm sure the bullies here will pick it apart  😁. He didn't really have a price yet either, and there were a couple things that may be of concern. I asked him to take a picture of the cowl trim tag as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jft69z said:

That's for the red 1970 you're talking about, I think?

The one I called about, is the 1972, black one that had no pics or details yet. It's a 'New Listing'. Sounded like a nice car, but I'm sure the bullies here will pick it apart  😁. He didn't really have a price yet either, and there were a couple things that may be of concern. I asked him to take a picture of the cowl trim tag as well.

Sorry, I was looking at the red 70.  It's Dave Stanton's old car.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FrankOC said:

Sorry, I was looking at the red 70

No worries, lol.

Now I'm curious who's car it was. I just looked at some pics of last years meet, and did see a couple of red Monte's in the parking lot. 

Somebody here will know the answer...

EDIT:

So I went to the GM Nats site and found the below list. They have the stock class winner as a guy named 'Robert Peters'...  Maybe they meant Street, or Modified class?

2022 gm nats.jpg

8 minutes ago, FrankOC said:

Dave Stanton, 119.

Thanks Frank!

Looks like he was a member here, but never posted and last visited the site in April 2022.

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/profile/25310-monte-dave/

1 hour ago, FrankOC said:

Never heard of him....  😉

An elusive chap.

Perhaps even more so than that “George” guy from the greater Chicagoland area with the Shadow Gray ‘70 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Looks like they posted some pics of the black  72 yesterday.  No cowl tag pics, or a price. He said something around $40K in the phone conversation,  but wasn't really sure at that point. 

A couple of interesting issues. He said there was some paint flaws on the truck lid, but no pics of that either. 

https://www.admcars.com/1972-chevrolet-monte-carlo-black-350ci-ps-pb-ac-c-1394.htm?sold=

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jft69z said:

Looks like they posted some pics of the black  72 yesterday.  No cowl tag pics, or a price. He said something around $40K in the phone conversation,  but wasn't really sure at that point. 

A couple of interesting issues. He said there was some paint flaws on the truck lid, but no pics of that either. 

https://www.admcars.com/1972-chevrolet-monte-carlo-black-350ci-ps-pb-ac-c-1394.htm?sold=

Looks nice, what's up with those radio knobs ? No p/w and the 350 ended my interest, but I did like the full gauge package on the dash. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Looks nice, what's up with those radio knobs 

Who knows why people do what they do, lol. Looks like an aftermarket radio, there may be secondary functions with the knobs that needed the extra knob pieces.

The twin rear antennae are an immediate turn-off too, :ack2:.  

I told the guy that black was a special order option for '72, that's why I asked for a pic of the cowl tag. Guessing it's probably a color change repaint, but who knows. The blue 'GM' decals in the door jambs don't belong there either.

Looks like it has that 'Washer Fluid' monitor system on it too.

Also asked about a build sheet, but he danced around looking for one.

• Like 2

Based on the pictures provided, I would call that a repaint with Blue VIN Tag missing from drivers door.  Also the Map Light wire is cut, radio defiantly aftermarket,.  Driver Sport Mirror? & Under Hood Light missing? part of the Custom Package.  I would need a Build Sheet or look behind the Custom Badges to see how they are affixed.  Yet a very nice looking car.

Note:  I copied Ad for VIN # to check against my Data Base.  If not there already, will add & note Not Confirmed unless proven by Documentation and/or Construction.  Anyone can confirm, I would appreciate it. :2beers:

Doug

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 72-CLASSIC_RIDE said:

Based on the pictures provided, I would call that a repaint with Blue VIN Tag missing from drivers door.  Also the Map Light wire is cut, radio defiantly aftermarket,.  Driver Sport Mirror? & Under Hood Light missing? part of the Custom Package.  I would need a Build Sheet or look behind the Custom Badges to see how they are affixed.  Yet a very nice looking car.

Note:  I copied Ad for VIN # to check against my Data Base.  If not there already, will add & note Not Confirmed unless proven by Documentation and/or Construction.  Anyone can confirm, I would appreciate it. :2beers:

Doug

Thanks Doug. I googled the VIN for grins, and got absolutely NO hits on that either. Usually it'll show up somewhere if it went thru an auction or listed online in its past. Looks to have the belt molding trim at least, but they don't typically take undercarriage pics either, which would provide some other clues.

I may call them again, looking for that cowl tag. At least it'll show if it had a vinyl top, etc in its past.

EDIT: I see they added the cowl tag to the original listing... The paint on it is so thick, it's hard to read.

Looks like it started life as a code 75- Cranberry Red exterior, with a Code 735 - Dark Saddle interior (A51-Bucket seats), maybe a black vinyl top - 'B' next to the paint code?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...