1970 monte ss for sale mid 35k

Hello, I found a local car. The older man says it was restored with 2000 miles since restore, He bought it last September, He thought it would be more room then his 1970 chevelle  he sold . He  says he can't fit in it comfortably  Im big too, so i would probably put extender brackets to get more room. He doesn.t have any paper work or build sheet. maybe its under rear seat. Is it worth mid 30.s . I see some cars from Flint MI didn't have certain paperwork? I am going to look at it next Monday. I would rather have a black car or red with buckets. but this is 1st one I,ve seen locally and i like to buy locally. I see good deals on mecum auctions also . it has alot of options,, but he said it was a dealership owners cars from the midwest and he bought from a classic car dealer from FL, I would appreciate some advise and input of more knowable members that know from owning one. I am just going to get some camera picture of the rear of the block also,, thanks Keith

monte front 1.jpg

monte drivers sie1.jpg

monte drivers door 1.jpg

monte passenger side.jpg

monte passager side2.jpg

monte passager side inside1.jpg

monte engine3.jpg

monte engine2.jpg

monte engine1.jpg

monte inside 2.jpg

monte inside 1.jpg

monte ss trunk.jpg

• Like 4

I looks like a well optioned car. The lamp monitors are a nice option. You could check to see if the engine stamping is correct, does it have the shock guards in the rear. In my opinion if the car is a true SS it's worth mid 30's. 

• Like 2

Have seen that car on Craigslist. Looks to be a well optioned, well presented SS. Extremely nice car. If I remember correctly the asking price was 38k. Like others have said, snap it up if you can. I feel it's a bargain for such a nice, well optioned SS. And if it's a Flint built car, no build sheet. 

The only thing I didn't like is the 72 hood spear and incorrect air cleaner sticker.  Not a deal breaker though. 

• Like 4

Yes its craigslisted 12 days ago. I emailed last week and he calls me at 2 pm  yesterday, but knew rush hour will be there 4 hours later and bank probably closed by the time i looked it over.  the rear exhaust is standard exit piping right side more visable then left tip and under bumper I thought ss would have the chrome tips? oval like chevelle have
? which is correct? thanks for the input. If I dont get there soon enough then its not meant to be. bucket seat car . would have done rush hour. But i can live with forest green. lol

monte rear.jpg

• Like 1

Like 1970mcss said, it should have the SS style exhaust tips. 

It has a power bench, way more rare than buckets along with the fender optics. I understand wanting the buckets though. 

I'm also a "big guy" and owning both a 1970 SS, "Big Red" with buckets and a 1971 402 auto, "Barn Find" with a power bench, I can tell you I fit better in the power bench car as opposed to the bucket seat car. Just saying. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

thanks for the input. I told the guy i would come out Sunday. He's a hour or so  from me.   I will  have hagerty tow it back. I need to review the vin codes and aslong as the vin is on the block with correct crn code. then it should be legit. Deff. looks like a straight car. I'm sure the steering wheel has the cracks in them, but im sure theres a way to restore that or a oem replacment

• Like 4

Looks like a great deal! As others have said, move quickly before someone else snaps it up.

Check the tag on the side of the trans to see if it is a TH400 for a 454 car. See the trans decoding in the resources section of our site.

• Like 1

I also saw this car on craigslist. Looks to be a very honest and correct car with lots of options. Power seat,windows,locks,gauges,vigilite system,washer fluid monitor it even has the heat riser on the exhaust manifold and I think it's a very fair price. Good luck

• Like 4

I"m deff buying it after I confirm numbers. and I will come back with alot more pictures. I have 5 ,72 montes. one 402 others, 4 small blocks. 1 restored , 1 with 34k miles and 2 are project cars. 1969 gto judge clone and last years 67 chevelle ss clone. All need something done. I have had 10 montes since high school.  I just feel I should get a ss car and get one while its reasonable. Hagerty loves me and I Love Montes

• Like 7