Rear defrost

Dtret

For sale on the net( not mine) but it got me curious. Rear defrost for the Monte’s. Never heard of it being used on them( other A bodies yes)   They say it’s for a Monte, I don’t think so. Thoughts????  Possibly another rare Canadian option?

6CF8F88A-EE7E-40D2-89C5-34799A62691D.png

D190550E-6858-40B8-922E-04CBA5097E86.png

I think it was out of a cutlass. But I didn’t think any Monte’s had the grid design. If it was an option I would think Oshawa would be the best fit for it. I do believe you’re correct Aaron. 

In looking for info on something else, I found they did have a section in the Fisher Body manual 'Electrical' section for grid style rear window systems. It list's the body styles, including 'A' body. I guess it's plausible you could adapt one to a Monte, as long as you got the right back window from a sister division car.

1970:

1970 rear window.JPG

1972:

1972 rear window.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks Joe. If I were to adapt something like that ( I’m not) , I would use the glass and wiring but when I got to the switch on the dash I would adapt the Monte defogger switch so it looked correct. 

9 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Thanks Joe. If I were to adapt something like that ( I’m not) , I would use the glass and wiring but when I got to the switch on the dash I would adapt the Monte defogger switch so it looked correct. 

You're welcome Dennis.

100% agree, the Monte switch would look the best. Realistically, it's not likely many people here will ever use/need to have a rear de-fog option on our Montes.

44 minutes ago, jft69z said:

You're welcome Dennis.

100% agree, the Monte switch would look the best. Realistically, it's not likely many people here will ever use/need to have a rear de-fog option on our Montes.

Absolutely not. I don’t want it but I thought it was kinda neat.