SHOW ME YOUR...trunk.

JP_AstroMan

Leghome usually wins the trunk category at the fgmcc meets... He might want to share a couple shots.. Me, ? Won’t show you my trunk till after the Eastern meet in Somerset,Ky 😁😄😄:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JP_AstroMan said:

I am contemplating what to do with my trunk. I could use some inspiration if anyone feels like posting a pic of theirs. I have a clean slate ready for... something. Thanks in advance!

PXL_20230423_222449448.jpg

I like to reenact scenes from Goodfellas with my ‘70.

“I hit a skunk, Karen. Take the kids back in the house”!

6888F893-4A91-40C1-A36D-EBA3A920BCE9.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

I bought a '70 SS sight unseen back in 2011.  After I picked up the car, I opened the trunk and found some "opportunity for improvement".  Cleaning up that mess was among the first projects I did on the car. I can never tell what order my photos below will appear (often reversed or completely scrambled) but they show the original and basic refurbishing steps.

After thoroughly cleaning the floor surface, I sprayed the worn areas with aqua/black trunk spatter paint (available from Eastwood and other sources).  Next, I ordered a matching floor mat and spare tire cover from the Parts Place. Meanwhile, I completely refurbished/repainted the jack and rim and located a size-correct used spare tire. Finally, putting it all together resulted in a much cleaner and more orderly trunk (even if not perfectly "stock" looking).  Good luck with your project.

P7190676.JPG

P7190686.JPG

P7190683.JPG

P7190681.JPG

P7190674.JPG

P6100061.JPG

• Like 8

17 hours ago, Glen said:

I like to reenact scenes from Goodfellas with my ‘70.

“I hit a skunk, Karen. Take the kids back in the house”!

6888F893-4A91-40C1-A36D-EBA3A920BCE9.jpeg

Glen that’s a lot of junk in the trunk 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1