Inner Quarter Window Seals

Blackhawk

These are the seals that go on the inside of the rear quarter window opening. For those who have replaced these seals, where did you get them? I bought the seals from Metro Moulded (ALP 5002-R) thinking that if they fit a Chevelle they would fit the Monte Carlo. The car has notches that seem to correlate to the clips on the back of this seal, but the new seals have the middle clip in a different spot. My stock seals are usable, but they're a bit stiff and starting to split on each end.

c6QILZB.jpeg

I got the Soff Seal version from Summit, SS-5023. They were the same as what you got though, with only two clips.

I ended up spending way too much time taking the extra clip off the originals and putting them on the new seals. FYI, because it's spring steel, they're brittle and break easily, when trying to pry open the attachment clips.

I bought some from I think Lutty's at Carlisle several years ago cannot remember for sure. Some of them have the metal clips, the ones I got did not and they do not seal properly, so I am in need of more replacements

On 4/24/2023 at 7:34 PM, MC1of80 said:

The Monte Carlo and Oldsmobile cutlass(formal roof) use the same piece. If the other suggestions don't pan out, try and olds parts place. 

I got the outer seals from Fusick (the Olds place) at the time, but they didn't have the inners, with the metal clips. Unfortunately, they still don't seem to have the inners listed on their site. You'd think that would be a popular item...

https://www.fusickautomotiveproducts.com/prodinfo.asp?number=OQW702

• Like 2

Thanks for the information. With the condition of my current seals I'll try some weather stripping adhesive on the cracks and recondition the rubber. Metro is now making the outers so maybe they'll have the right inners soon.

• 1 month later...

I spoke to Metro at Back to the Fifties today and they didn't think it would be an issue to make the Monte Carlo inner strips if I sent the originals since the rubber extrusion is the same as the Chevelle. I'm not holding my breath but we'll see. 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

This fell to the backburner while a lot of other home projects were happening, but I dropped my original seals off at Metro Moulded today. I don't know what the timeline is for production but I'll update this thread when I know.

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 3

2 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

This fell to the backburner while a lot of other home projects were happening, but I dropped my original seals off at Metro Moulded today. I don't know what the timeline is for production but I'll update this thread when I know.

Yes, please keep us posted. 

• Like 1