1970 monte ss sold in VA

Hello. I Just picked up the ss car  I had looked at. I mention the rocker having been scrapped and I rechecked the frame. Frame is mint condition. I had the seller drive around for 5 miles to make sure it drove straight and It did. I didn't see a vin on  the transmission.. but it drives smooth. The power is exciting. everything works minus the air shocks that he  removed and he put the first ones in the trunk. I think a oem looking hei distributor will be the only thing i do to it. Many thanks for the input i needed to feel comfortable spending 36k for the car. What code on the cowl tag tells me what color the top . If it should be white or another color. I haven't seen one with a white top so far. Does it seem to be the correct forest green , its seems to change with the lighting. Thanks 

montepassengerfener.jpg

montefrontend.jpg

monte454passenger rear.jpg

monte454 cowl tag.jpeg

• Like 5

Thanks for the info to feel sure this was a real SS. I'm taking it to ocean city maryland next month. I'm going to love showing it off. This is the top car i.ve been waiting on that now i car afford.. I do fit better with the electric bench then my other bench seats. the tilt wheel is super nice to get in. The electric windows and locks are iceing on the cake lol fiber turn signals work. 

t

• Like 2

The 48 A code is for Forest Green with white vinyl top.

Code 780 is Green Prima Cloth Bench Seat

The 06B code indicates it was built in the second week of June 1970.

• Like 2

Congrats Keith!!!  She looks sweet!!!      I would think if you have no build sheet, get the numbers off the 454 engine,  400 tranny and rear. They should match a part of your vin and if they do i am sure you will be able to put her in the registry!!  Hopefully i am correct???

The VIN is on the driver's side of the trans. The tag on the passenger side will indicate what engine it was mated to. Even if all the black printing is missing from the tag there will still be the stamp on the lower left. So, if the VIN matches the driver's side of the trans and the tag on the passenger side is stamped 70-CR then that also verifies it is an SS.

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/resources/decodingth400/

• Like 1

Congrats, and 👍 your already planning on cruising ! You should think about going to Carlisle mini meet, I'm pretty sure there will be another green 70 SS there 🤣

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DragCat said:

Congrats, and 👍 your already planning on cruising ! You should think about going to Carlisle mini meet, I'm pretty sure there will be another green 70 SS there 🤣

I didn’t realize anyone else had one. That will be cool to pair them up. Lol. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DragCat said:

Yes you should think about Carlisle maybe that would spark up the blue green rivalry again 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Keith, Congrats on the "new" ride! If you'd like, you can bring it to Carlisle and I'll ride in it because mine is still stuck in the garage with engine, trans. out of it ( did you notice that I didn't say the rear axle?).  I've never ridden in a green Monte Carlo. It could change everything!! Again glad to see you joined our group and enjoy your new ride.gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

4 hours ago, Dtret said:

Has anyone ever seen the other one? LOL!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 420ponies said:

Keith, Congrats on the "new" ride! If you'd like, you can bring it to Carlisle and I'll ride in it because mine is still stuck in the garage with engine, trans. out of it ( did you notice that I didn't say the rear axle?).  I've never ridden in a green Monte Carlo. It could change everything!! Again glad to see you joined our group and enjoy your new ride.gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

Jim your always welcome to ride with me, of course mines not green but you know that.

8 hours ago, Dtret said:

To say I was expecting that comment would be an understatement 🤣