AU Air Cleaner Decal?

mon-tss

That post was about LX sticker.    Lyle try and find that post if you can, alot of info there. I will ask you, check your rad sticker and does it match your air cleaner sticker? Those 2 are also supposed to match your build sheet but you dont have that, correct??  

Lyle check the normal outlets, parts place, ss396, and opgi and anyone else you can think of. If you cant find it, PM me!!!

• Like 1

Emission stickers are original, Air cleaners are not. Going off other build sheets I have. Green car has partial sheet missing that part ;gold car no build sheet.

But every 70 and 71 build sheet I have lists air cleaner as CN. have a couple dozen of them.

What do yours say?

My 72 "W" code is LX.   All my 71 SS's are AU. All the SS's were built in Kansas City.

Lyle are yours ALL big blocks?, Or small blocks, maybe thats the difference?

I dont know about the 70s , i never had one (yet).   I dont know the answer, simply stating what i learned and what i have been told.

Dennis what does yours say and where was it built?

Does anyone else with a 71 Kansas City built SS have a build sheet with a CN

• Like 1

4 hours ago, willie said:

My 72 "W" code is LX.   All my 71 SS's are AU. All the SS's were built in Kansas City.

Lyle are yours ALL big blocks?, Or small blocks, maybe thats the difference?

I dont know about the 70s , i never had one (yet).   I dont know the answer, simply stating what i learned and what i have been told.

Dennis what does yours say and where was it built?

Does anyone else with a 71 Kansas City built SS have a build sheet with a CN

Hey Willie,

My Kansas built ‘71 SS is a ‘CN’. 

Same for my Van Nuys built ‘70 SS. 

• Like 1

Hey Glen, I am not sure why Yours and Lyles are CN, and Dennis's  and I have AU???

More homework for sure.....

Dennis no build sheet necessary as Lyle has a ton of them, all saying CN.   Maybe because of where they were being shipped and what emission stuff was put on????  I dont have the answer just yet???

Glen, when you get a chance please check and see if both your cars are CN in all 3 places build sheet, air cleaner sticker, and emission sticker on rad cover????  Tkx

9 hours ago, Dtret said:

Mine is au. California   I do believe that’s a hint that you want my build sheet. Lol. 

I would like to see your buildsheet since all these are different

Ok i think Lyle figured it out everyone.  I am looking at box 91 as Lyle is looking at box 53-55 on the build sheet.  My 53 box IS "CN" just like all the rest. But my box 91 is "AU".    I think what the answer is, box 53 CN is the type of air cleaner but the box 91 AU is the emission code and this code has to be on all 3 Build sheet, air cleaner, and emission sticker on rad cover.     

Thanks for all the help guys and to you Lyle for bringing it to our attention!!!!

1 hour ago, willie said:

Glen, when you get a chance please check and see if both your cars are CN in all 3 places build sheet, air cleaner sticker, and emission sticker on rad cover????  Tkx

Which box contains the air cleaner sticker? Which one for rad cover? Can’t seem to locate them, but there’s a few boxes missing on my ‘70’s sheet. Box #91 reflects wheel covers 🤔

As far as the ‘71 goes, I only have a real fuzzy picture of that sheet, can’t make out anything, and the actual sheet itself is in a safe deposit box, so can’t be of any help here. 

Here’s what I got for now…

7BC924AF-AE6C-4E4B-BE09-E269A6379629.png

32E8D68E-D2A0-4FB5-8802-6A93A183BA62.png

1 hour ago, willie said:

Ok, I misread/misunderstood this. 

Won’t be able to tell on the ‘70 as it does not have the original air cleaner or radiator cover plate. 

I’ll check the ‘71 later and report back. 

I got these Decals from Jim Osborn Oct 1983 for my 71 350 4bbl.

I did send them a scan of my radiator decal because they did NOT have one for my car.

They copied it and sent several to me for free.

Decals from Jim Osborn Oct 1983.jpg

Ok Glenn yes the 70 is a different build sheet than the 71. Looks like your CN  as all of them have been the actual type of the air cleaner. (so we all have the same type of air cleaner). Now you have to read the small print in each box and it should read something like (emission tune label) thats what my #91 box states with the AU.

Bruce yours are incorrect also, What is original to your car? If you have your build sheet check that and that is what your air cleaner and rad cover should read. All 3 should be the same. When i bought all my stickers from Osbourne he had sold me a pile of them. I didn't notice anything until i got to where i was starting to put them on. I asked here and Darren answered me where they all have to match. I went back to osbourne and he said that's all he had to sell but would go home and check to see if he had some at home. He did not. 

10 hours ago, willie said:

Ok Glenn yes the 70 is a different build sheet than the 71. Looks like your CN  as all of them have been the actual type of the air cleaner. (so we all have the same type of air cleaner). Now you have to read the small print in each box and it should read something like (emission tune label) thats what my #91 box states with the AU.

Bruce yours are incorrect also, What is original to your car? If you have your build sheet check that and that is what your air cleaner and rad cover should read. All 3 should be the same. When i bought all my stickers from Osbourne he had sold me a pile of them. I didn't notice anything until i got to where i was starting to put them on. I asked here and Darren answered me where they all have to match. I went back to osbourne and he said that's all he had to sell but would go home and check to see if he had some at home. He did not. 

Ok Willie, I’m gonna muddy the waters now that you’ve cleared them all up.  

Found my “Engine Tune Label” box (# 104) on my 70’s Build Sheet.  I don’t think this stands for “Dairy Queen” 😂🤣

ABF53945-C94C-44A4-A7EC-48C427A06DB5.png

PS - I see no “Emission Tune Label” box…

but my Build Sheet is missing boxes:  19, 20, 36, 37, 53 & 54.  Might one of these missing boxes be where the emission info once was?  If so, the mystery continues…

8FE2E2C7-907B-4E7C-A784-0D3DDFD0B784.png

Glen i can go for a darn ice cream about now as i was thinking about this all day!!! My one cell brain is working overtime!!  

Ok so Glen your 70 has CN in box 53-55 that's what we all have as it shows what type air cleaner, and your 104 box shows DQ (this is what i would go with for the 70).

On your 71 (paperwork not there) what does the rad cover sticker say, and the air cleaner sticker say? Are they both the same and original? When you get the paperwork you need to find box 91 and try and make that out and if is compatible to your other 2 stickers, hopefully they are. If not something is not correct.

I  don't have a 70 B?S to help only 71s, and they all seem to be the same. Maybe a different code in box 91 but at least the 53-55 box has the CN.

If any one else has a build sheet for a 71SS please let us know if there is a CN in box 53-55 and let us know what is in box 91 (Mine is AU) it could be something else, but let us know.....

The bottom line is, all 3 are supposed to match if not something has been changed somewhere. The cars are over 50 years old. Someone, somewhere changed something if they dont match. Not blaming Osbourne for selling anything but the people who bought some of them should of qurstioned at that point. Dven when Darren originally told me i said how can that be because no one was selling what i needed to match. But i tip my hat to him as he knew what he was talking about. I am just passing it along. 

• Like 2

I’m starting to wonder if all three ARE supposed to be the same. Is that possibly why AU air cleaner stickers are unobtainable????  Hmmm. Not questioning you Willie but just wondering. I have a picture on a flash drive of my original radiator emissions decal. 

IMG_5128.jpeg

IMG_5129.jpeg

IMG_5130.jpeg

• Like 1

Dennis YES they are all supposed to be the same.  I think we are getting mixed up because the 70 and 71 have different boxes on the build sheet.

I just searched back to the post from when i was schooled by Darren. I am not going to copy it as WE ALL need to read the entire thread!!!

Search-Darren

2 pages in-Air cleaner (from me Willie)

Date is-Sept 12, 2019

Please read the entire thread (invaluable)!!!

Thank You Again Darren for your knowledge!!!

I went back and read that. It’s not that I’m disagreeing, I’m just questioning. That’s my 71 build sheet , the sheet clearly says CN for the air cleaner and AU for the tuning label. If all three are supposed to be the same then what does the CN on the sheet mean?  

• Like 1