Quadrajet linkage photo

TheBMan

Hey guys, I have my hands in all sorts of projects on this car. :)  Can someone with a small block/Quadrajet take a photo of their setup so I can see if mine matches? I'm trying to solve a problem where I can't get wide open throttle and I suspect the linkage or setup may be different. Photo of my setup attached. Thank you!

IMG_1589.JPG

Bryan on my parts car (2bbl) the only difference that i can see is the mounting bracket stands up (vertical) not like yours where it horizontal with the manifold.

I will check my 72 with a 4 bbl tomm, ran out of time today.

• Like 1

Here is my 71 but I added Speed Control so it has an extra bit of stuff. (Wish mine was as clean as yours!)

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG

• Like 3

I notice that Bruce's accelerator cable is bolted to the hole closer to the firewall. Not sue if that would make a difference. I checked my cable and it is also on the rear hole.

• Like 1

One thing to consider, if you can't reach WOT, is that the floor carpet + padding + a floor mat, may be too thick?

I don't think I have ever checked mine for WOT in 52 years.

1 hour ago, stangeba said:

One thing to consider, if you can't reach WOT, is that the floor carpet + padding + a floor mat, may be too thick?

I don't think I have ever checked mine for WOT in 52 years.

Yep, I checked the carpet (and floor mat), it's not an issue. And, like you, I won't ever drive it very hard, but I do want to make sure that it operates the way it's supposed to.

4 hours ago, stangeba said:

Here is my 71 but I added Speed Control so it has an extra bit of stuff. (Wish mine was as clean as yours!)

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG

Thanks Bruce. I just finished restoring the engine bay, that's why it's so clean. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1970mcss said:

I notice that Bruce's accelerator cable is bolted to the hole closer to the firewall. Not sue if that would make a difference. I checked my cable and it is also on the rear hole.

I've had the connector in both locations without much difference. I think the reason is related to the kick down. Still trying to figure it out, I appreciate all of the feedback!

Turns out the kickdown cable wasn't allowing wide-open-throttle. I wasn't aware that there is a built-in adjustment on the cable where it attaches to the mount. I got that adjusted properly, installed a new throttle cable and viola!

IMG_1635.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TheBMan said:

Turns out the kickdown cable wasn't allowing wide-open-throttle. I wasn't aware that there is a built-in adjustment on the cable where it attaches to the mount. I got that adjusted properly, installed a new throttle cable and viola!

Glad you got it working.

Here's a snip from the service manual in case someone else runs into that problem.

kickdown cable1.JPG

• Like 4