Quadrajet Specs

gpbeau

I have a '72 with the 350 4-bbl and auto trans--stock restored.  I'm rebuilding the QuadraJet carb which I believe is original (or at least date correct)--number 7042202.  I cannot find a reference to confirm what jets and metering rods (primary and secondary) are correct for this carb (at least what the factory put in it).  Does anyone have a reference with that info or can you point me to a website that has it?  TIA! 

Looks like your carb number is on the list here:

https://cliffshighperformance.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=1302.0

Excerpt from that list:

Carb #  - Application  - Main Jet  - Main RodSpring  - Sec. Rod

7042202 -  CHEV 72 350 CHVL & VETTE FED A/T  - 74  - 45 - 7036019 - DA

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, gpbeau said:

@jft69z--Yes!  I hunted for two solid hours for this info.  Thanks for the reference!

Lol, took me about 13 minutes. It was a good little challenge, I can usually hunt down info quicker than that.😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Good info, thanks! Mine is a 71 350: 

7041202 CHEV 71 CHEVELLE 350 AUTO 74 44 7036019 AR

7041202.JPG

• Like 1
  • You're Welcome 1

1 hour ago, gpbeau said:

@jft69z--Yes!  I hunted for two solid hours for this info.  Thanks for the reference!

That’s what happens when you wait on Facebook for answers and then come here. Thanks Joe. Good work as usual. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Dtret said:

That’s what happens when you wait on Facebook for answers and then come here. Thanks Joe. Good work as usual. 

Thanks Dennis. 

Well, you get what you pay for on FB....

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Not sure what you're implying, but I spent two solid hours on Saturday sitting with Mr. Google hunting for references on the Interwebs for this info. Ran across all kinds of rebuild instructions with the setup specs with this measurement and that, but nothing with the jet and rod info. Yes, I posted in a FB group this morning looking for suggestions, but I did my own research and just didn't have the magic touch.  

33 minutes ago, gpbeau said:

Not sure what you're implying, but I spent two solid hours on Saturday sitting with Mr. Google hunting for references on the Interwebs for this info. Ran across all kinds of rebuild instructions with the setup specs with this measurement and that, but nothing with the jet and rod info. Yes, I posted in a FB group this morning looking for suggestions, but I did my own research and just didn't have the magic touch.  

Not implying anything bad towards you at all and if it went that way I sincerely apologize. It was not intentional. I read this morning your Facebook post and you had no answers. I was more complimenting this site, and Joe, for the fast and accurate response to your question. That’s all. Sorry if it was misconstrued. 

• Like 6

• 3 months later...

I also have the 7042202 quadrajet 4MV 1972. They are extremely lean from the factory, and ethanol makes it run leaner. On advice from Cliff Ruggles I changed the jets from 74 to 76, and the rods from 45B to 44B. Also important to change the accelerator pump to an ethanol-proof one. 

• Like 2