New Beater

Andy's Auto

My Barrett-Jackson buy of 2023. 

A stripped to the bones 68 Biscayne. Factory black car, M21 with a bench. Power steering but manual brakes. Originally a 427 4 speed 12 bolt car. Has a 454 in it now and will probably going to be in there for awhile. Car is a hoot to drive. Just not a hoot to stop. 

Had Cragars, I like the cheap look.

343425671_1382412879269979_2167359247138597924_n.jpg

• Like 11

Nice going Andy!!!   Had a 69 and 70 Impala, as daily drivers. Love those cars roomy, drove great and had plenty of go!!!  One green and one blue.

That's one nice looking Biscayne!! Yup, put some discs off a caprice(80's) then it will be night and day difference. They called those "sleepers". Love the dog dish hubcaps. That beater could sell well at Carlisle you know.

Nice find and sleeper Andy !! You looking to make it a cruiser, street car or going to the track with it? I know you have a variety of vehicles. By the way, it’s nice to see you on the Boards. Don’t be a stranger !!!

• Like 1

I like it. The first car in my possession was a 68 Impala. Never had a title and never got it running. To the junkyard it went. Thinking back, probably a really bad decision. But I was 15. ( I guess things haven’t changed much). 

• Like 2

I like it. The first car in my possession was a 68 Impala. Never had a title and never got it running. To the junkyard it went. Thinking back, probably a really bad decision. But I was 15. ( I guess things haven’t changed much). 

10 hours ago, willie said:

Dennis did you get paid for it or did you trade it for something??

I worked there, 10 dollars a day and parts I wanted. When I got rid of it I already had my 67 c10 3 on the tree. 

Car has a crazy story but the original owner just recently passed and lived around 20 minutes away. Bought it new in Staten Island and it was a beater for a year and parked shortly after. His son brought it down to Flariduh 30 years ago. On the windshield is a Staten Island inspection sticker from 1988 with the tag number MINT 427. Under the passenger seat was the NY tag. 

Factory 6000 tach, full gauges, but yet a Moroso cable tach, Sun gauges, ladder bars, and Cragars. very much a Day 2 style that I'm trying to reverse. Except the electric cutouts. Those I like. 

Car shows as one of two  black L72 solid lifter 427 cars known, but until I can find a build sheet it is off the table. 

344320703_181775618092028_5947761657946404333_n.jpg

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Montemedic said:

Nice find and sleeper Andy !! You looking to make it a cruiser, street car or going to the track with it? I know you have a variety of vehicles. By the way, it’s nice to see you on the Boards. Don’t be a stranger !!!

Been through some health issues and way too many funerals the last two years, including my only brother. And a new addiction, rc cars. 

Car is going to be a weekend beater. Car was not on my list and I was simply trying to rep my company wearing my work shirt. I saw the car on the block, threw a bid or two when the cameras were on me, my number was $35k, dropped at $15,500. I wasn't mad. Of course it ran hot and crappy on the way home, but nothing a push on the choke cable and a new radiator couldn't fix. 

For your consideration, the Primal RC Grave Digger. 80 pounds of originally 50cc two stroke 12 mph of power. Now 12s brushless that does 52 mph. The little feller on top is a Losi LMT Grave Digger.

335147925_186566774109111_9153449222826230545_n.jpg

• Like 4

Andy, So sorry to hear about the loss of your brother and hope your taking care of your health issues. Sometimes these issues help put things in perspective for us. Glad you made some time for the auction and came away with a nice car. You came out way ahead dollar wise and only needed minor work to correct some issues. A home run for you !! I hope you enjoy the Biscayne and your Gravedigger RC’s too. Thanks for the update and join us as your time allows. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Andy's Auto said:

Car has a crazy story but the original owner just recently passed and lived around 20 minutes away. Bought it new in Staten Island and it was a beater for a year and parked shortly after. His son brought it down to Flariduh 30 years ago. On the windshield is a Staten Island inspection sticker from 1988 with the tag number MINT 427. Under the passenger seat was the NY tag. 

Factory 6000 tach, full gauges, but yet a Moroso cable tach, Sun gauges, ladder bars, and Cragars. very much a Day 2 style that I'm trying to reverse. Except the electric cutouts. Those I like. 

Car shows as one of two  black L72 solid lifter 427 cars known, but until I can find a build sheet it is off the table. 

344320703_181775618092028_5947761657946404333_n.jpg

I see from your feet you have been taking picture taking classes from Dennis T.

rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

57 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

I see from your feet you have been taking picture taking classes from Dennis T.

rob

At least he has shoes on. Mine are usually slippers. Lol. 

• Haha 2