Rear anti-sway bar for 1970 Monte Carlo.

I just purchased a 1970 Monte Carlo (BBC). I did not think it rides properly, too much sway like a boat. I took it to my alignment guy, 50 years in business. He said front end was fine except idle arm was a little loose, (he said probably still in GM spec) but he would recommend replacing it. Rear end shocks looked new (no rust on mounting bolts or shocks) but he recommended new HD shocks and adding a rear anti-sway bar. He said it was an option that year. He said he used to install them but didn't any more and therefore did not know where to get one. I asked if I got one would he install it. He said yes. I am too old for hot rodding (70) just want a more solid ride.

What do you recommend.

Thanks David Hazen

342512679_945364083325661_4817429426439069188_n.jpg

The info Darren Bull gave you on the FB post was good. If you put a rear bar on, you'll also need to get boxed rear lower control arms to mount it properly. If you need more help with part numbers, let us know.

• Like 2

I put an anti sway bar on the rear my 72 three or four years ago and what a difference it made. A friend just upgraded his front anti sway bar and gave me his old 1 1/2" that I have not been able to drive it much because of the weather but it did fell better than the original one.

• Like 1

David, look into Ground up aka SS396.com. They sell the 2 lower f-41 boxed lower control arms and sway bar as a kit. Everything you need to install or have it installed properly. 

If you look around, I'm sure other places sell it also. 

• Like 3

I would try the new shocks first and see if that doesn’t get you closer to what you want. If that doesn’t make you happy the add the rest. Used parts are also available if you choose.