I went to cars and coffee this morning was nice, the only Montes there was mine and Bob's but a bunch of nice cars. This evening I went to a cruise in and a guy walked up to my car and told me about a guy he knows that bought a 70 monte brand new 350 with a 3 speed standard with the shifter on the floor. I said I think they were 3 on the tree he said nope came that way from factory. I'm thinking this is another myth. But I had a nice time.

• Like 7

WHAT, you didn't get any info on this possible very rare if at all Monte????  I can see we are going to have to host a "Stalker" Seminar in the club anopy in Carlisle.  Yeah, I would be surprised it it is real but we all know there has to be a 4-Speed 72 SS convertible out there someplace because it says so on the internet.

rob

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

Everyone and everyone’s  brother tell me , at car shows ,,,man! I used to have one of those,Monte  first gen, ‘ it was a 72 SS with a 350 in it and two white stripes on-the hood... wow, just like your car.. , I say, you should have kept it! It would have been one of a kind !,!... 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

So I had another new one today, I had to replace a caliper on my truck so I got it all apart and went to parts store to get new one. While there as I was coming out an employee was walking I. With lunch he said beautiful car you have there, that's my dream car of course I'm all smiles then he asks is that an impala? 😅 I politely said no monte carlo and walked away.  So I got back home put truck back together as I was backing out of driveway the neighbors kid came walking over with something in his hand and says do you want this I can't use it any more, it's a snap on composit 3/8 impact wrench. He gave it to me of course I already have one but can't refuse free. Overall a pretty good day

• Like 7

On 5/7/2023 at 3:20 AM, Searsman said:

Everyone and everyone’s  brother tell me , at car shows ,,,man! I used to have one of those,Monte  first gen, ‘ it was a 72 SS with a 350 in it and two white stripes on-the hood... wow, just like your car.. , I say, you should have kept it! It would have been one of a kind !,!... 🤣

Most of the time they just have to add that it definitely had a 4 speed as well 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3