New Guy 70 SS

Joselk1

Hello….

I have been lurking here for the past couple of weeks. I was in the process of looking for a 70SS and traveling to Florida from Michigan for a turn one a day trip to see a car.  It turned out to be just what I was looking for. We made a deal that day and  a week later the seller delivered the car to me in Michigan. Thanks to this group I knew what I was looking for and what to take pictures of for everyone’s assistance. I’m in the process of restoring my 1970 Z 28 that I’ve had since 1981 in high school. Because of that project I haven’t had a fun car to drive the last couple of summers, so I wanted a Monte Carlo I could drive and improve at the same time. I’m here everyday lately with my many questions. 

Thanks

Gary

IMG_0018.jpeg

IMG_5420.jpeg

IMG_5421.jpeg

IMG_5422.jpeg

IMG_5517.jpeg

• Like 11

Welcome to the club Gary! Sweet rides you got there! I really dig the aftermarket wheels on the Monte. And of course the Camaro is amazing.. 😎  

Gary welcome. Is that a cloth interior? I ordered a 70 Monte 2 days after they were released in 1969 but it was a SB 400, Forest Green and a Dark green cloth bench seat interior.

Welcome. We all lurked for a little while then realized the small dues were well worth the investment. Very nice cars and glad your purchase went good. We’re here to help so ask away. 

Congratulations on becoming a First Generation Monte Carlo owner and member of the First Generation Monte Carlo Club. We hope you enjoy both of them !! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DragCat said:

Congrats, which set of wheels are currently on the car ?

The 18’s are currently on the car but I’m more of a rally wheel fan.  The 15x8 5’bs from Wheel Vintiques will be delivered Saturday.  Planning on 245 front and still deciding on 255 or 275 rear.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Leghome said:

Gary welcome. Is that a cloth interior? I ordered a 70 Monte 2 days after they were released in 1969 but it was a SB 400, Forest Green and a Dark green cloth bench seat interior.

No…

IMG_5421.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/10/2023 at 10:58 PM, Joselk1 said:

Hello….

I have been lurking here for the past couple of weeks. I was in the process of looking for a 70SS and traveling to Florida from Michigan for a turn one a day trip to see a car.  It turned out to be just what I was looking for. We made a deal that day and  a week later the seller delivered the car to me in Michigan. Thanks to this group I knew what I was looking for and what to take pictures of for everyone’s assistance. I’m in the process of restoring my 1970 Z 28 that I’ve had since 1981 in high school. Because of that project I haven’t had a fun car to drive the last couple of summers, so I wanted a Monte Carlo I could drive and improve at the same time. I’m here everyday lately with my many questions. 

Thanks

Gary

IMG_0018.jpeg

IMG_5420.jpeg

IMG_5421.jpeg

IMG_5422.jpeg

IMG_5517.jpeg

Congratulations. Nice ride

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 10:58 PM, Joselk1 said:

Hello….

Thanks

Gary

IMG_0018.jpeg

IMG_5420.jpeg

IMG_5421.jpeg

IMG_5422.jpeg

IMG_5517.jpeg

Congratulations. Sharp car you purchased