3 tube sending unit

Hello,  Looking for any advice on which supplier sells the most trouble free replacement sending unit for a 71 454. Read about many repros that are not up to factory standards. As per many articles people have replaced the replacements a few times.   Thanks

Good luck with that. I purchased a factory duplicate because an OE is no longer available it didn't work great, I used a couple from advanced auto didn't work well either. I suggest whatever you go with test it in the tank while empty then half full then full. I just tested mine with it empty and quater tank and figured it was good, it wasn't so next time I do it I will test ot the other way. I guess the arms need to be bent sometimes on the aftermarket units. I am getting tired of removing my tank but at least I'm getting pretty good at it 🤣

• Like 3

I haven't had much luck either. I think no matter where you buy it, it will be made in China. Do yourself a favor and test it before you install it in the tank. That way you can return it if it doesn't work correctly. It's kind of hit or miss, unfortunately. 

When I did my testing on the sending unit, I moved the float from dead botton to the top end stop and made sure the dash gauge moved in the same manner.

Lowest position, gauge showed "E". Middle position, gauge showed "half tank". Highest position, gauge showed "F".

You can also use a voltmeter to measure the resistance readings at different position. I can't remember now what the readings should be. Got that by watching a Utube video.

Hope that helps!