Dash wire connectors

TheBMan

Guys-

I restored my dash in my 1970 non-A/C Monte Carlo and it turned out beautiful. While wiring everything back up, it went smooth until these last two connectors. I don't remember disconnecting them and I can't find these colors/color grouping in the wiring diagrams of the factory manual. Both are three-wire plugs and technically they can go together, but the wire colors are different and the one with two black/white tracers has the three wires in two connectors while the other connector is one wire per connector (see photos).

Coming out of the main dash harness, the colors for the plug are light gray, yellow, white (maybe tan). The other connector is black/white tracer (2 of them on the same connector) and blue. The connector with the two black wires and blue wire is part of the short radio harness but my radio and speaker have the correct connections. 

As I mentioned and as you can see in the second picture, the plugs match up but one is three wires on two connectors and the other is three wires on three connectors.

Any ideas?

IMG_1734.JPG

IMG_1736.jpg

1 hour ago, TheBMan said:

Thanks Dennis, but no console. Column shift.

Yep same setup in my 70. Bucket seat, column shift, no console. Factory. But it still had the console setup not hooked up. 

16 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Yep same setup in my 70. Bucket seat, column shift, no console. Factory. But it still had the console setup not hooked up. 

I was beginning to wonder if this was for an accessory that didn’t exist in my car. Closer inspection showed me that it doesn’t really reach anything. The part that threw me is that it was near a female plug that it could have mated with. The color change didn’t make sense though.

I understand that the factory would make a harness that fits more than one car, that just seems like efficient manufacturing. I think I’m good to go. Thanks for confirming, Dennis!