Are Wilwood GM D52 front calipers worth it?

I am at the point in my project where I am looking at the brakes.  I am going with a rear disc conversion kit but don't want to spend the money on a Wilwood system.  Especially since I plan on staying with stock 15" rims, and I want the E-brake.  So I am looking at single brake caliper setup from The Right Stuff.  I am wondering if I should just rebuild my original front brake calipers or go with the Wilwood D52 dual piston calipers for the front.  Do they really make a difference?  I am on the fence because for the price of the Wilwood calipers I can then get drilled and slotted rotors.  Any thoughts you guys have on the calipers and even drilled & slotted vs solid rotors would be appreciated.

Thank you 

Not sure about the rear conversion but I did do drilled and slotted rotors and carbon fiber ceramic pads on the front, well worth it. I did replace front calipers with new (not rebuilt) factory style calipers and they work just fine. I did the drilled and slotted rotors on all 4 wheels on my truck and like them there too.

I am right now in the process of rebuilding the front end on Barn Find. My 71 402 auto monte. I purchased new calipers, single piston and will be installing Power Stop drilled and slotted rotors and matching pads. They sell a kit.

We have them on our 69 GTO 4speed convertible and our 71 COVID Monte. Just adding these to a stock brake system made a huge night and day difference. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the responses.  I decided to go with The Right Stuff rear disc conversion kit with matching front rotors and calipers.  Rotors are drilled/slotted and just regular single piston GM style calipers.  Now I am waiting for the boxes so I can install.

Have fun, I thought about doing the rear conversion but decided to stay with new drums,  shoes, hardware and pistons- - drilled and slotted rotors and new stock style calipers on the front.. also a new proportion valve.. works great, no problem stopping the big beast , also replaced the brake line hose above the rear gears , it collapses or deteriorates inside. Causing rear brakes to perform poorly... ,!!🛑

• Like 3

I had the wilwood calipers on. I’d say no improvement over stock. Drilled rotors and good pads made a big improvement over stock. 
I recently upgraded to a 4 piston rear and 6 piston front with larger rotors ( do not remember the diameter at the moment)   That along with the hydro boost makes the car stop insanely fast. No problems running hot laps up to 135 mph all afternoon.