sea foam

Guest lemon

sea foam is by far the best investment in the car ive made.... and it only cost about 25 bucks.....

1 bottle for the gas tank

1/2 bottle for the oil

and s spray can for the carb...

fill up about 20 -30 bucks in your tank and add a full bottle... you will notice your car starts easier, idles smoother, no exhaust smell

put 1/2 a bottle in your oil and notice no sounds coming from your engine, and blew out all carbon build up ( you know it does, from the amount of smoke that comes from the car )

get the spray can, looks like carb cleaner, and spray it into your jets and carb, while at high rpm's, then turn car off, start up 5 mins later, and all the crap in your motor comes out the exhaust...

i did this all today, and my cars running like a champ, and is getting pretty good millage... i really recommend you guys try this...

yup!! I LOVE that stuff.. .when i had my 305 it had bad deiseling problems.. I poured the sea foam in the carb till it stalled, let it sit 10 minutes, fired it up,and blew huge chunks of carbon out the tail pipes :>

the stuff i had was just a liquid. not a spray can.. awful hard to pour a liquid down the carb and not stall the engine.

(I did it at an idle)

i just poured it right down the primary barrels of my qjet at the time.. just slow enough to not stall it.. then as I got towards the endof the can, I dumped it in fast enough to stall it.

not stalling it might be due to hydro-locking the engine with too much liquid in the cylinders.

Sea foam good stuff and is used heavily in the farm / tractor industry. Helps get rid of small amounts of water build up in tanks. It works with any engine. Of course another way to keep carbs and injectors clean is a 1/2 to 1 gallon of 110 race fuel every third tank of gas. - Dave

I've heard of Sea Foam but that's about it...I googled it and got lots of results...one link was to You-Tube with a ton of people putting it in their car and revving their motors... crazy

I guess it apparently works...I might have to try it.

Bill

sf16.gif

None so far, I have used it for years in all of my small engines, lawnmowers, generator, chain saw, pressure washer and now the Monte. My Monte always ran rich, not to the point of smoking but I wouldn't want to drive behind me. Add a can to every other tank and it is much better.
Seems like this stuff works pretty good. I have to try it.

pouring it down the carb, it breaks up the carbon, so when you fire it back up.. it blows it all out the tailpipes.. might not be the best thing for a car with cats.. it could plug them up.

I need to do this on my Monte when I'm home. When I put my roller cam in, my intake valves looked pretty caked up with oil/carbon from what I suppose were my intake gaskets leaking.

We sell SeaFoam at Advance where I work up here at school and people swear by it!