Wanted F41 suspension

Anyone have a F41 suspension take off for sale that they replaced with an after market suspension. The 70 MC i purchased has newer coil springs in the back and I don't think they are the correct ones. I had my front end guy (68 years old) check them out and he agreed they were almost new and that the car wallowed when he took it for a test drive. FYI I am in SE Iowa.

TIA

Dave Hazen

59 minutes ago, Searsman said:

Or Daniel Vega at Vegaazbowties@aol.com..

FWIW, Vega had chosen to be removed from our membership rolls when asked to become a full supporting member on January 20, 2023.

This was his response & he has not logged in since that date:

Sorry Rob, Your site is not one that draws enough attention to pay for. I will leave your site as Monte parts are not something that sells there but one air cleaner for 45.00 in the last 4 years. Good luck with your site, feel free to remove me as I won't be logging on again. 

• Sad 2

Check out Ground Up aka ss396.com. They sell the f-41 boxed lower control arms and sway bar as a kit. Also, the front sway bar on a standard monte carlo is 7/8 where the F-41 front bar is 1 1/4 or 1/8. I forget at the moment but a stiffer front bar will stop the "wallow" you are describing. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

the F-41 front bar is 1 1/4 or 1/8. I forget at the moment...

1 1/8"

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 1

8 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Thank you! Lolol

You're welcome 🙂.

FWIW, it's the same bar used on the '72 Custom which came with the F41 as standard equipment. I have measured mine in the past as well, 1 1/8"

Some places quote 1 1/4", but that has been proven wrong. One specific case is in the 'Chevelle SS Restoration Guide' book by Paul Herd. (I have that book, and got confused when I just read it, then more searching turned up someone else that mentioned more than a few mistakes are in that book).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jft69z said:

FWIW, Vega had chosen to be removed from our membership rolls when asked to become a full supporting member on January 20, 2023.

This was his response & he has not logged in since that date:

Sorry Rob, Your site is not one that draws enough attention to pay for. I will leave your site as Monte parts are not something that sells there but one air cleaner for 45.00 in the last 4 years. Good luck with your site, feel free to remove me as I won't be logging on again. 

I can’t stand cheap mother eff’ers.  I guarantee I would have word with this stud were I ever to meet him. 

• Like 3

What does F-41 mean?

Years ago I replaced my stock 71 350 7/8" ft anti sway bar with a 1-1/8" bar.

A few years later I added the rear bar to my 71.

I never did measure it.....

19 minutes ago, stangeba said:

What does F-41 mean?

It's the factory RPO code for sport suspension package, F41.

Just like Z28 is actually the code for that particular Camaro option package, LS6 is the option code for the 454cu.in./450 hp engine, etc.

• Like 1