Oil Changes For The Girls Today

Ran both cars to my parents house to change the oil because the Old Man (meant with the utmost respect) has every tool under the sun. Not to mention oil and filters for every car in the entire family which he keeps stocked.

And like every time I’m there for something he insists on crawling under the car to get his hands dirty. No doubt he misses working on cars regularly. Not to mention it gets him out of the house and away from Mom 🤣.

He’s gonna be 84 in July. Check out the ride he just bought himself a few months ago… he’s awesome (even though he didn’t order the Hemi 🤣). Quote:  “306 HP is more than enough. Don’t think so?  I’ll run and beat BOTH your Monte Carlos”! 

I know better than to argue…

0A4D0F99-1A88-4585-83FE-82B38896543D.jpeg

4A6F7F50-F96D-4D6B-9E9D-E1F547E5209B.jpeg

246B0B35-E180-4092-BB09-415F24122B43.jpeg

31187942-F0C2-4331-8E25-413178B3DEAE.jpeg

01E27E92-0A28-4AAE-8743-019CE9B367C0.jpeg

• Like 12

That's awesome! 

But then again, who lets their 84 year old dad crawl across the floor?   :no

(I know, he'd do it no matter how hard you try).

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Searsman said:

What a dad !!!

22 minutes ago, jft69z said:

That's awesome! 

But then again, who lets their 84 year old dad crawl across the floor?   :no

(I know, he'd do it no matter how hard you try).

Exactly… He won’t take no for an answer… Hell, he wouldn’t even use his creeper. That’s why he’ll be getting invited for prime rib the next time we go to my favorite supper club.

• Like 2

That’s awesome Glen. He may also be a great addition to the Carlisle mini meet. I’m sure we can get a plus one in. Besides it would give Rob someone to reminisce with. Lol. Sorry Rob had to. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Ran both cars to my parents house to change the oil because the Old Man (meant with the utmost respect) has every tool under the sun. Not to mention oil and filters for every car in the entire family which he keeps stocked.

And like every time I’m there for something he insists on crawling under the car to get his hands dirty. No doubt he misses working on cars regularly. Not to mention it gets him out of the house and away from Mom 🤣.

He’s gonna be 84 in July. Check out the ride he just bought himself a few months ago… he’s awesome (even though he didn’t order the Hemi 🤣). Quote:  “306 HP is more than enough. Don’t think so?  I’ll run and beat BOTH your Monte Carlos”! 

I know better than to argue…

01E27E92-0A28-4AAE-8743-019CE9B367C0.jpeg

Ok, gotta ask.......I was told (by a friend who recently bought a new HellCat) those yellow pieces are for trailering/delivering to the dealer, supposed to be removed at the dealer. Ive seen a bunch on the road with them still installed?????

16 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Ok, gotta ask.......I was told (by a friend who recently bought a new HellCat) those yellow pieces are for trailering/delivering to the dealer, supposed to be removed at the dealer. Ive seen a bunch on the road with them still installed?????

I saw the same on a couple as well. Looks way out of place, if that's how they're supposed to be. 

I'd be painting them. In fact, I did on my CTS-V. The bottom lip was a separate gray piece, I turned them black.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DragCat said:

Great question. To which I don’t have an inkling of an answer.  I’ll have to inquire. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Glen said:

Exactly… He won’t take no for an answer… Hell, he wouldn’t even use his creeper. That’s why he’ll be getting invited for prime rib the next time we go to my favorite supper club.

I had to read that a second time I thought I seen stripper club LOL

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

That’s awesome Glen. He may also be a great addition to the Carlisle mini meet. I’m sure we can get a plus one in. Besides it would give Rob someone to reminisce with. Lol. Sorry Rob had to. 

OMG Dennis.... what did I ever do to you.  There are other members who will be there that are older than me.  Besides, you are only as old as you feel.  But now that you have bullied me you are fair game.

rob

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

I saw the same on a couple as well. Looks way out of place, if that's how they're supposed to be. 

I'd be painting them. In fact, I did on my CTS-V. The bottom lip was a separate gray piece, I turned them black.

Those are for shipping purposes only. To protect the edge from damage. They are supposed to be removed by the dealer during the PDIs. 

They actually do more damage if left on. Dirt and debris gets behind them and scratches the snot out of the paint. My son purchased a 2018 SRT Super bee charger that had them on it. That's how we know first hand what paint damage they do. He now has a 2019 HellCat supercharged charger without them also. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rob Peters said:

OMG Dennis.... what did I ever do to you.  There are other members who will be there that are older than me.  Besides, you are only as old as you feel.  But now that you have bullied me you are fair game.

rob

I’ve been bullied ( by the way this is a no bullying site) for years. You gotta give me at least one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I’ve been bullied ( by the way, this is a no bullying site) for years. 

There are exceptions....in certain cases.

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dtret said:

But I agree. Exceptions to every rule. 

Typically, you're the exception, in case I wasn't clear enough.

:rofl::yay::rofl::yay::rofl::yay:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jft69z said:

Typically, you're the exception, in case I wasn't clear enough.

:rofl::yay::rofl::yay::rofl::yay:

But why???  What did I do to deserve this kind of abuse????  Never mind, stupid question. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Glen let me just say God Bless them both!!! Second i say get him a bigger rug if he is not going to use the creeper!!! And lastly all of the cars look great!!!

Dennis we only started to tease you after you struck your head like a Pinata with the 2x4!!!!   Once we found out you were ok, I mean really ok!!!         

And Joe has a point!!!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:😎😎😎       lol

• Thank You! 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

Those are for shipping purposes only. To protect the edge from damage. They are supposed to be removed by the dealer during the PDIs. 

They actually do more damage if left on. Dirt and debris gets behind them and scratches the snot out of the paint. My son purchased a 2018 SRT Super bee charger that had them on it. That's how we know first hand what paint damage they do. He now has a 2019 HellCat supercharged charger without them also. 

Thats what I was told and I accepted it as the truth. I smile/chuckle when I see them on the road but had to bring it up with Glens Dads new ride 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, willie said:

Glen let me just say God Bless them both!!! Second i say get him a bigger rug if he is not going to use the creeper!!! And lastly all of the cars look great!!!

Dennis we only started to tease you after you struck your head like a Pinata with the 2x4!!!!   Once we found out you were ok, I mean really ok!!!         

And Joe has a point!!!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:😎😎😎       lol

Willie your definition of “ok” is vague. I wasn’t ok before that and not ok now. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1