70 Booster and Master Cylinder

I’ve read through many threads about boosters and master cylinders trying to find out where to buy the same ones on my 70ss now. Anyone have any suggestions. 

These appear to be original except for maybe the finish on the booster. 

IMG_0258.jpeg

IMG_0257.jpeg

IMG_0260.jpeg

• 6 months later...
22 hours ago, Mike said:

I went with a dual diaphragm 10". Gives more surface area, so more stopping power. Also gives clearance for any engines with roller rockers. 

Where did you find a 10" dual diaphragm booster?

I got my booster from OPGI and installed it 4 or 5 years ago. Looks good and works fine. I'm putting the same one in my 71 SS. The Master Cylinder I have is clearly not correct for a Monte but it works.

No photo description available.

IMG_1733.thumb.jpeg.69df254f3b57d8c75c475fa80ef9038b.jpeg

• Like 1

Bob Weis, Im pretty sure I got it from Summit. They have a lot of different sizes. The original 11" has 95 square inches of surface area. A dual 9 inch that i just looked at on summit, has 126 inches of surface area. Just noticed you are in Astatula, stop by and see! Looks original. Im considering going with rear disc right now so some things might change but that booster will stay. 

I sent mine to brakeboosters.com and Steve Gregori did a fantastic job on it.  I am thinking it cost me around $260 but that was several years ago. I had to pay shipping to them and they paid the return shipping. Their phone number is/was (559)930-2773. He may have retired as he said something about slowing down when I talked to him the last time

1 hour ago, Leghome said:

I sent mine to brakeboosters.com and Steve Gregori did a fantastic job on it.  He may have retired as he said something about slowing down when I talked to him the last time

He did retire (if he was the original owner), and Mike Gibbons took over from there. When I had mine done, it was right at that transition point, and Mike did mine. No issues, problems, whatsoever and he did a good job. 

46 minutes ago, rsorg said:

hi, i am sending my original booster to brake boosters , to have restored ,roger

Great choice Roger.   

I have a brother Joe who lives just north of Sandwich off of Somonauk Rd. Last year we went to The Parts Place car show. The show was only about 25 minutes from house

On 11/28/2023 at 6:07 PM, BobW said:

Where did you find a 10" dual diaphragm booster?

Hey BobW, i just took another look at mine, its a dual 9", not a dual 10". Still outperforms better than factory 11" single