The Eastern Meet is here post pictures and comments here

The Eastern Meet is here......well, almost.  I started this post for members to post any comments and pictures here this week.

Here's wishing everyone a safe trip.

rob

• Like 2

The first comment and picture comes from Jim and Linda Seyboldt who asked me to post this fir them:

"All loaded and feel free to post this pic. I don't have fgmcc on my laptop yet"

Screenshot_20230521-072530_Messages.thumb.jpg.e43ce3ce947d0e959b3f46e2b0f9db89.jpg

• Like 7

They are sidelined in Newberry SC with an apparent module or coil issue late this evening. I am On standby to help tomorrow if needed.  It's only 70 miles away

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've been in contact with them also.  Jim says they were back on the road by noon.  He said it was an easy fix.  He wouldn't say the exact fix and plans to make it a guessing game at the meet.

OH, BTW, according to Jim, I am the reason they broke down!!  That's right, because I wished them safe travels with no issues since he hates the dubious Hard Luck Award.  He doesn't want to a two-peat since he won it last year.

Safe travels Jim and Linda, break a leg but nothing else on the Monte.  If he does break a leg we all know he will do it on purpose so he can lay the blame on me.  But, that's OK because I have broad shoulders and can carry the blame.

rob

• Like 4

Rob jinxed me by telling me not to get the hard luck award before i headed out, plain and simple. 

Now he is just being dramatic. I guess we know who to give the Oscar to, if we handed those out that is. 🏆

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, cbolt said:

Rob jinxed me by telling me not to get the hard luck award before i headed out, plain and simple. 

Now he is just being dramatic. I guess we know who to give the Oscar to, if we handed those out that is. 🏆

I accept this Oscar and want to thank my mother and father who always supported me in all of my endeavors.  I want to thank my second grade teacher, Miss Bleu who I had a huge a crush on at Hyde Park Elementary school and our principal Miss Cally Coody there who didn't believe in using a paddle on us bad boys but instead would pull a rocking chair out of her office and into the hall and make us sit in her lap and rock us out where everyone could see.... I want to thank my High School Leonard SKinner, who was a hard [censored] as a coach but a great person to talk to later in life.  Thank you to my Air Force Basic Training (Boot Camp) drill Sgt who knew how to straighten us out without sitting us on his lap in a rocking chair... I want to thank Jim Seyboldt who taught me how to accept a Hard Luck Award with grace and dignity.  I want to thank......oh, crap, thanks to everyone now take this award and...:k:k:k

rob

• Haha 8

That was a very well prepared acceptance speech, undoubtedly rehearsed to perfection.  Now you have set the bar rather high and I no longer feel comfortable with just a thank you and a wave to the other attendees.  One question, how can you accept such an honor without showing appreciation to the wife ? I for one would be in the dog house. 😂

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Michael Boyte said:

One question, how can you accept such an honor without showing appreciation to the wife ? I for one would be in the dog house. 😂

Michael, I will always be true to my wife so I wouldn't include her in a fake acceptance speech.

rob

• Like 3

Finally got the trailer hooked up to the truck  . All packed and loaded Gonna be a beautiful week. Head out tomorrow. Btw. You should have an email from Rob if you are registered for the meet, to email me , if you are attending Saturday evening awards ..info is on his email to you . Thanks. See you there . Ron..26EE7E2D-7DAF-4520-9819-64BC3602AE50.thumb.jpeg.e7f4c2c740a1b767c3bc951fb04faaa0.jpeg

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Jared Richey said:

1102 pm Tuesday 

Leaving approx 9 in the morning meeting Donny at 12 for lunch. TheSomerset! on to somerset!

Chris and I are leaving Raleigh around 9:00. We should be coming through Bristol around 1:00. Maybe we’ll see you on the road.

• Like 1

Glad you arrived safely.   Now when you get to the hotel, sit back and rest your back.  I am sure there will be others there to assist you with the trailer and getting your car out of it and help unloading the club door prizes and the club awards and maybe even your luggage.... if not, whip them into shape/submission with your cane.

Everyone enjoy yourselves, it looks like Ron has done a great job doing the prep for this meet..... he has even arranged for great weather for you.

rob

• Like 5

Thanks Ron for everything that you have done to help make this event happen !! 

For Ann and myself, The Eastern Meet was always our favorite show,  Everyone there is like family and will always be there to help you with anything.  Unconditional love !!!! That's the only way that I can describe how it feels.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Glad you arrived safely.   Now when you get to the hotel, sit back and rest your back.  I am sure there will be others there to assist you with the trailer and getting your car out of it and help unloading the club door prizes and the club awards and maybe even your luggage.... if not, whip them into shape/submission with your cane.

Everyone enjoy yourselves, it looks like Ron has done a great job doing the prep for this meet..... he has even arranged for great weather for you.

rob

Can’t say I had anything to do with the weather but sure am thankful for it.. 👍🏻

• Like 3

• Rob Peters changed the title to The Eastern Meet is here post pictures and comments here

Thanks to Jim S, Steve R, Ken B  and Joe A who helped Ron get his car unloaded from his trailer and his truck unpacked.  This shows what great members we have in this club who are willing to step up and assist our members.

rob

• Like 5
  • Thank You! 2