Indy 500

Dtret

Indy 500. Under red flag now. Could be interesting finish with the top three drivers needing fuel to finish. By the time this loaded we’re under second red flag 

IMG_5278.jpeg

IMG_5266.jpeg

IMG_5264.jpeg

• Like 7

So all that remains of my immediate family flew in for the weekend, except my sister. Long tiring time. All have left except mom who flies out Thursday. But I did get some things accomplished. They tore apart my chevelle to find out if it’s was a true Super Sport, no luck either way. Remember the paperweight 71 carb I had rebuilt and was useless? The one I took back 3 times because it wasn’t right and I ended up buying a Holley for it?  My brother tore it down and found a clogged vacuum port internally. Put in on the car and it runs awesome. ( I get a modification point back, lol). Next I found a deal on a big sandblasting cabinet so we went to check that out on Monday. Got it …FREE. Vac set up and everything. But wait there’s more. Shot peening cabinet, regular part’s washer, rotating heated parts washer and a whole pickup load of misc shop stuff. I got all for 200 bucks. ( the guy paid 8 grand for the heated parts washer). This is the only picture I took. Good weekend all around. 

IMG_5298.jpeg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

Great deal Dennis! Now I know where to send/drop off my parts that need cleaning. Lolol

I’m ok with that but let me get them up to usable condition first. Most have been unused for years. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WOW Dennis, I don't know how you fall into these deals, lucky, right place right time or are you paying much more but wouldn't want the wife to know what you really paid.  Now that the congrats and Kudo's are filed I want to comment on one other thing... You have a brother???  So there are two of you roaming this globe.  So Scary.... Does he like banana's too?  

rob

🍌🍌

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

WOW Dennis, I don't know how you fall into these deals, lucky, right place right time or are you paying much more but wouldn't want the wife to know what you really paid.  Now that the congrats and Kudo's are filed I want to comment on one other thing... You have a brother???  So there are two of you roaming this globe.  So Scary.... Does he like banana's too?  

rob

🍌🍌

Funny. First off. What I say I pay is what I pay, I tell her before I buy it I always get the same response.” Whatever, you know what you want and I don’t care “. Lol. Second. I actually have two older brothers and sister. So yep. At least two more ambulance chasers running around. And if you think I’m bad they’re 10 times worse. Third. Not sure about the bananas, the subject never came up. Lol. 

• Like 4

On the blaster deal, I actually misunderstood him and handed him three hundred bucks. He gave me back a hundred because the sand blaster was free. He’s closing his small shop in a year or two and said that I can have first crack on anything including the lift. Hmmm

• Like 6

Wow!! He steps in poop, comes out smelling like a rose!! Lucky Dog.. Been to Indy just once, had a blast! I had DVR it and our machine needs replaced now .must have been a electric blip while recording. 1st time I didn't have it recorded.

Edited by 420ponies
Added content

Now you are going to have to build a new huge garage like Joe's to set up a nice shop in.  Nice score Dennis. One of the nice things is that older stuff was built to last!!!  The stuff you can buy today would not last like those.

rob 

• Like 6
  • Thank You! 1

So my trailer load seems to have paid off. 200 bucks for all of it. I completely restored the sandblasting cabinet, new glass replaced all electrical components. The dust collector works well now too. Have to do a little more but it does the job. Do you realize how hard it it to take pictures of parts on the floor and not get my feet?

IMG_5334.png

IMG_5329.jpeg

IMG_5341.jpeg

IMG_5346.jpeg

IMG_5347.jpeg

• Like 6

Dennis will handle all of your sandblasting needs.  The cabinet came out great AND it did an amazing job om the A-arm.

rob

• Like 2

Dennis it did come out Great but if there is NO feet we are not sure its really you!!!  lol    Now you can sell the other 18 pairs of A arms that you have!! lol

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, willie said:

Dennis it did come out Great but if there is NO feet we are not sure its really you!!!  lol    Now you can sell the other 18 pairs of A arms that you have!! lol

That’s funny you say that about 18 sets, I don’t have that for our cars BUT in one off my ambulance chasing trips I acquired about 10 sets of g-body a arms. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, willie said:

lol Dennis, that is funny!!!!

It wasn’t funny when I had to load and unload them and now moving them around. They are for sale.  CHEAP. LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2