weather stripping

Denny

• jft69z changed the title to weather stripping
1 hour ago, Denny said:

I think I used softseal on my 70 c10 you have to slam the doors every time ,that was 20 years ago still havnt  wore in.

I originally used the softseal on my trunk and like Denny, the trunk would not close properly.  I bought a Metro Moulded and it was a perfect fit.

rob

• Like 1

I'm not sure if anyone makes the complete kit, when I did mine I got the sof seal paint kit and far from complete.  When I put trunk seal in it fit fine after cutting to length and trunk closed fine, no leaks all good. A few weeks later I decided it was time to glue it in so I did its been leaking ever since. I dread scraping it off now and getting a new one but when I do I'll probably go with metro.

3 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

If you mean the trunk weather stripping I used the 3m weatherstripping adhesive. 

:dt

Just stay away from metro roof rail seals on anything.  Made way to thick. Soff seal is better on those. And I also prefer soff seal on doors. 

Trunk like rob said metro is good and I think soffseal has improved their seal I haven't had any issues with it on the current car I'm finishing up. (70 SS).

• Like 1